Chapter Sixteen: Second Shoot, Part Two

"And...that's it." Chris set down his camera and helped me down from the pedestal. "Your last "official" shoot. I should be so honored." He kissed the back of my hand and I swatted at him playfully.

"Geez, I'm not dying!" He swatted me back on the ass before turning away and I yelped into a giggle. "So you said you had plans for us after?" I played absentmindedly with the fabric of my costume. I was certainly not dressed for anything fancy.

"That's right." Chris finished packing up his camera and faced me. "I have a little something as a thank you." He pulled his phone out of his jeans pocket. "And it's arriving right now."

"Oh?"

I looked down at my costume and back at him. I needed to get back into my clothes before going to his apartment.

"Don't worry - take your time. I'll leave the door unlocked." He leaned in to press his lips gently to my cheeks before leaving the studio.

Like a lovestruck school girl, I reached up to feel my cheek before wandering back through the maze of his cluttered studio to the dressing room.

When I reached the dressing room, I closed the door and exhaled deeply, trying to compose myself. Sure, things were going significantly better between us now. But it was still important to walk before running into this relationship.

I slipped out of the costume, pulling on the clothes I came over in unhurriedly. My mind wandered between thoughts of his touch back then and now.

Once I was fully clothed, I flicked off the lights to the dressing room and the studio, pulling the main door shut after me. I walked down the hallway to his apartment door, spying the door left open a crack.

Soft acoustic music and candlelight welcomed me as I stepped into Chris's apartment. A table set for two, complete with tablecloth and a small vase with a single rose, waited right inside the kitchen.

But where was my date?

I stepped inside, shutting the door after me, and took a seat at the table, trying to study the dim surroundings by me. I hadn't realized how much the day had passed while we worked.

"Hey." I turned my head, searching for Chris in the dark. He kissed my neck from behind and I melted into his touch.

"Where were you?" I joked to him. He smelled like he had just showered.

"There was a delivery mishap..."

Ah - that explained the shower.

"But, I think most of it survived." He walked back over in front of me setting down two serving bowls - one with buffalo wings and the other with French fries. "And instead of beer..." He stepped back over to crack open the fridge. "You'll either be happy or embarrassed to know most of the dinner budget went towards this." He leaned the champagne bottle into the candlelight and I held my breath.

"What...is this?" I wondered aloud. But I knew the answer as soon as I asked.

"I was hoping to re-do that last night in Banff. When I should have been the one to take you out to celebrate." He set the bottle down on the tablecloth, taking my hand. "I don't think I could ever do or be enough to make it up to you. But that doesn't change the way I feel about you."

I watched his declaration in the dim light, feeling him rub nervous circles into my palm.

"Redo or not... Pricey champagne or not... All I want is to feel love through your camera lens. That's more than enough for me." I felt my hands tremble as the words tumbled out.

I used the "L" word. And too strong or not, it just felt right. There was nowhere to hide.

Chris withdrew his hands from mine and leaned over me. My pulse pounded in my ears while I waited for his response.

Where I expected words, I found silence. And his fingers tipping my chin to look up at him.

Barely a breath later and his lips claimed mine, his fingers weaving through my hair. I tried to stand up from the chair to deepen the kiss, but I felt his lips smirk against mine.

He was taunting me. And I was both exasperated and thrilled by it.

"What about... This dinner...?" He asked in between kisses.

I pulled back, then slipped my shirt off over my head, shaking the static out of my hair. "Sorry to ruin the romantic gesture." I unclasped my bra and let it fall to the floor. "But that isn't what I really want to get my lips on right now."

I reached for the hem of his shirt and pulled it off as he stood back to let me out from my chair. He scooped me up and sat me on his counter, taking his time kissing over my chest, leaving little nibbles and marks revealed by the candlelight.

There would be nothing further to hide or airbrush away.

He came back up from my chest, capturing my lips frantically. I scooted up to the edge of the counter, my hands roaming from his abs, down to his constrained hardness. That motion caused him to pause from the kiss and moan. I smiled at the moment of power I had over him.

"Take me to your room?" I suggested after I caught my breath.

"Gladly." He scooped me up bridal-style and expertly weaved through his dark living room to set me down on the floor of his bedroom.

Once he set me free, I grabbed his arms and pinned them at his side, trapping him against the door I used his body to close.

"Don't move." I ordered, slowly releasing his hands.

I unzipped his jeans and pulled his boxers down, hearing his breathing start to grow labored as I lightly stroked him. A few strokes later, and I kneeled in front of him, starting to trace where I touched with my tongue.

"Mmmm, Alexis..."

I grabbed his hands again, pushing them against the door. Once his moans started to escalate, I stopped and freed his hands. I stood up to face him.

Two could play at this taunting game.

"You...are something else." He caught his breath and stroked my cheek tenderly before pushing me back onto the bed and taking off my jeans. He traced along the lines of my thong and I squirmed in excitement at his touch.

"Come on... I can't wait anymore..." I begged.

With that, he pulled me up to him and turned me to face the wall, kissing down the back of my neck.

"Stay right there."

He stopped for a moment, shuffling around in his nightstand for a condom. After he put it on, he teased me with his finger, then bent my knees slightly and pushed into me, holding the thong out of the way with his finger.

"Ohhh my-" He cut off my exclamation when he claimed my lips with his. He pressed one hand over mine on the wall.

And the other, I found moments later to be holding a bullet vibrator over my clit.

I remembered mentioning it briefly on our weekend together. Most guys I dated felt it was too intense or their egos were bruised to bring something battery operated into the mix.

I didn't know exactly where he stood on the matter - but judging by the fact that I was literally melting into him, it was the exact reaction he wanted.

"Mm, that's it..." He murmured into my ear as I whimpered against him, feverishly chasing my release.

My voice continued to raise several octaves, until I just couldn't take it anymore.

"Ahh, Chris!" I eked out as I felt my body explode in bliss. I tried to hold my posture and was thankful to feel him holding me up.

He buried his face in my neck, exhaling my name in quite the opposite fashion I did his, only moments later.

We caught our breath, sweat glistening over the top of our skin.

"I think another shower's in order..." Chris finally broke the silence, kissing lightly down my back. "And our celebration dinner."

I turned around to face him, running my fingers lightly from his sweat-beaded forehead through his soft ginger curls. "I think I'm ready to celebrate now."

He took my hand, leading me to the shower.