Chapter 11

Thank you to Aquawastaken for drawing another wonderful fanart for my book. This is cute and adorable. I love it! Thank you! <3

-- George POV --

          "So, who is this special person that helped you realize and started to trust people?"

          I was surprised with his question and I could feel my face starting to warm up. "W-what do you mean?" I stuttered out, nervously trying to look at Dream's direction. But all I could see was only a notification, no Dream in my sight.

I am going to the living room since I think it will be more comfortable for you two to just talk alone. Don't worry I will not leave. I'll come back when it's over! Have fun with Nick!

          I felt somewhat sad, but also relieved. I knew there was no way I could talk about Dream in front of him, especially after I heard what Nick said to me.

          "Come on, George. There is no way you just suddenly want to talk to me by yourself. You're too stubborn for that, George. I wonder who this special person is since this person must not be your friend from school or your childhood friend, but managed to be so close to you pretty quickly. I assumed you guys got close not a long time ago. Since if you know him longer than I assumed, I'm pretty sure you will be more open than you are all this time. Is that also the reason why you seem so happy this day too? If yes.. Oh my, this person must be really special for you, huh?" I totally could imagine Nick's smirk right now just by hearing his voice.

          "S-shut up, Nick." Somehow, I felt ashamed and exposed. "You know too much." I grumbled at his laughs.

          "You can say that I'm pretty observant. Actually, I was told by people to consider taking Psychology instead of Computer Science when I applied to college."

          "Yeah, sure. Keep dreaming, Nick." I snarked back, but he just laughed back at my reply.

          "Soooo, who is this person?" He asked curiously.

           "Er...."

            What should I say? Even if I trust him, I can't just tell him about Dream being an AI! What should I do? Oh my God. Think, George! I need to make it sounds believable.

            "He's.. just my new neighbour that just moved in two weeks ago. He seems really nice at first, so we started to talk a lot. I don't really know how we got close to each other and I just feel like I can trust him. He is the one that managed to convince me that there are a lot of people who care about me. He has also convinced me to try to talk and put my trust in you. Are you happy now?" I answered, annoyed and flustered. My heart beat was so fast right now, probably because I was so nervous about the lie.

             "Yeah, absolutely! I am so happy to hear this! It must be really exciting, having your crush living next to you, huh?"

              "Oh my God, Nick! He is not my crush! He is just my neighbor, and a man, a man!" also an AI.

              "So?" He asked back, confused.

               "What do you mean 'so?'? I can't date a man, Nick."

              "Why not? I don't really mind the idea of dating a man. Oh, are you homophobic or something?"

               "What? No! I'm not homophobic."

               "Well, if you said so then why can't you date a man?"

               "Because, I am straight. I guess?" I said, somehow in an unconvincing tone. Now that I thought more about it, I had never really thought much about my sexuality. I am straight, right?