Chapter 6

-- Dream POV --

          I felt something wrong with my artificial body, especially in my chest area. It felt like something inside my chest was broken. It hurt me so much, knowing that I couldn't be by George's side to comfort him. I could feel the hurt inside my chest, it somehow really pained me to see his tears, like I'm dying inside seeing him hurting. I felt a great desire to hug him, burying his head into my chest and comforting him. But I couldn't, as I was only an AI; a program. I didn't have a physical body. I was not supposed to have feelings.

          But then, what was this? I didn't understand. I shook my head. It was not the time for me to be confused about myself. George needed me. I couldn't believe how much suffering he faced all this time, in this cruel world alone.

          "Oh George...." I tried to speak up.

          "That is why I don't trust people easily, comfortable being alone. I only want to talk with people online because they can't hurt me. And I am loved by my online personality that I have built for so long. But everything changed since you came. I can't trust people easily, but I start to trust you. I let you know more about me. I let you come into my life. I let you break down all my barriers and get me out of my comfort zone. But maybe it's just because I know that you are just an AI, and that you won't betray me."

           Ouch. I felt the crack widen more and more. It somehow sadden and hurt me when I heard that I am just an AI from him, even if it was true. But, why did it hurt so much? Why did I want him to see me more than just an AI? I shook my head once again, trying to get these weird thoughts out of my head. Focus, I had to help George, he needed me.

           "But even if you're just an AI. I'm really happy that you're here for me. You make me realize how nice it is to have company. I'm really glad that I get to spend my time with you, Dream. I'm really grateful that I have a chance to meet you and become your owner, Dream. You are really amazing." George said, softly smiled at me.

             I still could see his tears, his body shivered a bit. I tried to give a smile back to him. "Thank you for telling me about this, George. But I know that you deserve more. You deserve all the love and trust that you have and will gain in the future. I can't believe what you have been through. It must be really hard for you but you already did your best to survive and you already did the right thing to leave that crappy company. They don't deserve you. You are too good for that bullshit company." I said angrily, the curse word falling out accidentally in the end, which made George giggle.

             "Hey! It's not funny! I'm saying the truth. You really deserve more, George." George laughed once again, making me pout grumpily.

             "Thank you, Dream. I'm really glad to hear that." He thanked me with a big grin that somehow made my chest feel so warm. I could feel my face getting warmer at seeing his smile.

            Then there was silence filled between us, not an awkward one. Somehow it felt comfortable. After some time, I once again began to speak.

           "Hey, I kinda wanna play minecraft. Can we play together?" Right now, I only wanted to make George happy and forget all the bad memories he had before. He deserved a lot of love and attention.

           "That sounds great. Let's play it, together." George said while wiping his tears with his palm, starting to clean his face. He stood up and started walking to his room.

           Suddenly, he turned his body to my direction and gave a beautiful, adorable smile. "Come on, Dream. Let's go!" He said while laughing at me, gesturing with his hand to get me to join him.