Chapter 15

Violets POV

As I laid in bed, I brought my blanket up, clutching the hem nervously. I hated sleeping in the lake house, every since we were younger I had always been afraid to spend the night here. The darkness around me disoriented my vision, making it look as if dark figures where moving around against the walls. I pulled my legs closer to my body, terrified that something was going to reach out and grab my legs. I could hear small noises here and there, Belch had always told me it was just 'the house settling', but that sounded like bullshit to me.

The wind blew loudly against the house and a loud creaking sound came from the wall. I immediately got up sprinting out of the room and into the hallway heading for the living room where Patrick was sleeping on the couch. Suddenly my foot caught on the rug and I braced myself as I fell and slammed against the floor. My forearms stung from the harsh contact with the rug as I pushed myself off the ground. I turned to my left and screamed, I had forgotten there was a large mirror on the wall and my own reflection almost gave me a heart attack.

Breathing hard I hurried to the living room, I climbed on top of Patrick and laid down next to him on the couch. I pressed myself hard into the his body, burying my face into his side. "What happened Vi?" His horse voice said as he moved his arm to my back, pressing me further against him. "I'm scared" I replied. Patrick rolled to his side and pulled me against his chest with his arm around my waist. He reached up resting his other hand on my head, petting my hair. I relaxed into his touch a bit surprised by his sudden gentleness.

"Don't be scared Flower, I'm right here" Patrick sighed from above me, pulling the blanket that was around his waist up and over the both of us. My tired eyes started to slowly close as I drifted to sleep. "Nothings going to hurt you"