Chapter 16

A Week Later...

"This is so cool, Winn. I mean, I still can't wrap my head around it." Cisco said from behind his computer, monitoring her systems, "So, how do you do it?"

Winnie chuckled, "Well, Cisco. I still don't really know what's happening. You do know that right?"

"Yes, I do. But... it's still awesome and I wanna know how it works." 

It'd been a week of training for Winnie as she'd taken the next three weeks off to train at Star Labs. Apparently she had powers, ones that she didn't know about and she really needed to get control of it before something bad happened.

Her dad choked when she'd told him the first morning. That she could talk to animals and that she could do something with plants, she still wasn't sure exactly what she could do with them.

"Alright, well... basically, I can feel the life in the plants and I imagine them doing something and they do it. I don't really know." She scrunched up her eyes and winced as she added, "I think I can also feel you... but, like not feel  you. I mean, as-as in I can feel your essence? If that makes sense."

Cisco smiled as his eyes widened, "Does that mean you can do something to humans too? Come on, lets try it!"

"I-I don't know. It-it feels kinda different, humans and plants. Even dogs but, they feel more human-like." Winnie said eyeing Frank who was busy pouncing on one of his toys, squeaking it loudly.

"Try it. Try it. Try it!" Cisco chanted moving his balled up hands up and down for effect.

Winnie closed her eyes and focused, she focused really hard. She searched for Cisco and once she felt his presence, she tried to imagine him standing up or doing something, anything. But, when she opened her eyes she saw Cisco watching her with anticipation for something to happen to him.

He was still sitting. Nothing had happened. Cisco sighed in disappointment, "Too bad. It would have been even cooler."

"Hey! This is still as cool as it can be." Winnie said making Eobard grow so that it wrapped a vine around a mug filled with coffee and brought it over to Cisco.

"Thank you, Eobard." Cisco said smirking, "And yeah. You're right. It's still pretty awesome. I can't believe you can already do that!"

Winnie blushed and shrugged her shoulders, "It just kinda comes naturally."

Cisco laughed, "I get it. Because, natural and... plants."

"Yeah."

Caitlin walked in and stopped when she saw the vine still over grown, hovering over the computers. She cautiously watched it still wary of its intentions after the last week.

Winnie made it go back to normal as Caitlin looked over and smiled at Winnie, "I see you're improving."

"Too bad Barry isn't here to see it." Dr. Wells said, entering from behind Caitlin, "He's late?"

"Late, is kind of his signature move." Caitlin answered.

"Hey, uh... you guys want to see my signature move?" Cisco asked pen in his mouth.

All of a sudden, Winnie felt a whoosh come from behind her. 

Barry stood, leaning against the door frame wearing his usual jacket over a plaid shirt. He held two Jitters cups in his hand and apologized, "Sorry guys, I got a little... held up." 

Everyone just stared at him.

"Had to be there." He muttered. To avoid some awkwardness, he looked over at Winnie, held out one of the cups and smiled, "For you."