Chapter 24

I wanted to include another gif for this episode so, here it is:

---

The Next Week...

"Doo do doo." Winnie hummed as she absentmindedly watered the numerous plants she'd placed all over Star Labs.

"Oh, Barry, there's an intersection coming up. Hurry!" Caitlin urged him as he chased down the Royal Flush gang.

"This should slow 'em down." Cisco said, pressing a button on his computer. Just as he finished doing so, he felt something cold nudge his forearm.

Looking to his side, he could see Frank trying to get his attention, a slimy yellow ball in his mouth.

"You want more? I already threw it like a billion times, Frank!" Cisco said exasperatedly. In response, Frank dropped the ball at Cisco's feet and looked to him, waiting for Cisco to throw it. "Yeah, yeah. You love playing. That's something we all know." 

He picked up the ball and threw it down the hall, Frank fervently chasing after it.

"Guys, which way?" Barry asked over the comms and at the same time, Cisco and Caitlin tried to respond.

"Left."

"Right."

Both had said something different and tried to change their answer.

"Right."

"Left."

"Stop! You both hear you're telling me two different things, right?" Barry asked, impatiently as the criminals were escaping.

Stepping in, Dr. Wells wheeled his chair forward, towards the microphones. "Barry, listen up. Listen carefully. Here's what you're going to do..." He said, launching into a frenzy of directions.

And though Winnie couldn't see what was happening, she could tell that Dr. Wells's instructions were doing some good and Barry was going to catch the gang. The thought of Barry walking into the lab, a proud smile on his face having finished a job well done made Winnie light up herself. 

Walking over to the middle of the lab, Winnie poured the last few drops of water from her watering can into the leafy fern on the center console. 

"Check... mate." Dr. Wells narrated as Barry caught the perps. 

Within seconds of Dr. Wells's words, Barry zoomed into the hallway just before the entryway, his mask hanging from his uit like a hood, as he sauntered into the room.

Awaiting Barry's entrance, Cisco was there ready to clasp Barry's hand and celebrate with a handshake.

 "Give me some!" Barry exclaimed as they both laughed in elation.

Turning his chair around, Dr. Wells faced Barry, "Efficiently done, Mr. Allen."

"Yeah, great job, Bare!" Winnie beamed, placing the watering can on the counter.