Chapter 39

Sorry if this chapter isn't very good. I tried my best.

---

Seven Minutes Earlier...

Danny couldn't just stand there doing nothing; not like how he was when Winnie got kidnapped, how he was when Barry kept him and Winnie at Star Labs earlier that day. He wanted to help, he needed to. Oliver, Firestorm, and Barry were all fighting Thawne and seemed to be struggling despite the evil speedster being outnumbered.

Danny took a quick glance at Cisco, Caitlin, and Joe crowding around the monitors to watch. Looking in a different direction, Danny could see Winnie standing in the centre of the room, busy pacing and tapping her foot against the ground restlessly. Her anxiety was evidently filling her head, leaving no room for any other emotions.

No one was paying any attention to him, giving him the perfect opportunity to slip away.

He closed his eyes, turning himself invisible before quietly leaving.

Once he finally made it outside, he watched as the Arrow was hurled onto a pile of construction supplies, far away from where Thawne was standing.

Barry was chasing after Firestorm, the two combined people that had been blown across town.

Danny ran towards the Reverse Flash, not wanting Winnie's other close friend to get hurt or worse. He tried sneaking up on the Man in Yellow, planning on knocking him out somehow. However, his plans were dashed after he accidentally kicked a stone by his feet. The rock skittered on the cement, catching Thawne's attention.

The speedster laughed, quickly zooming towards where he was sure Danny was standing and stuck a phased hand into the air.

Danny gasped, his concentration broken as he became visible once more, terror on his face.

"Danny, Danny, Danny... I thought you were smarter than this. You would know better than to face me alone, especially when you don't even know the full extent of your powers." He chuckled, a smug expression on his face.

Danny tried to speak, finding his words caught in his throat.

"I sincerely hoped it wouldn't come down to this. You mean an awful lot to Winnifred, and I would hate to make her dislike me more than she already does; but, I knew that were it necessary, I would be able to. After all, you've been dead for centuries." he said, stopping his hand in Danny's chest.

He pulled it out, hardly giving the blonde another glance before running over to where he'd left Oliver Queen.

Danny slowly fell to the ground, his body thumping on the hard surface off the concrete. His mind was becoming cloudy and he could feel his heart stopping.

Everything was becoming dark as he tried to keep his eyes open for as long as he could. The last thing he saw before taking his final breath, was his best friend sprinting towards him, far too late to do anything that could change his fate.

---

5 Minutes Later...

Caitlin looked down, a chill running through her spine as she felt a wave of sadness wash over her. Ronnie had been kind enough to help carry Danny's body into Star Labs, rather than leave him outside in the night.

It hadn't been long since she had last seen Danny, but she already missed the cocky and teasing grin that he always seemed to wear. She missed their weird conversations about the Wiggles and how overdramatic he was when he sang karaoke.

Laying him down on a bed, Ronnie lowered Danny's body with care. He didn't know Danny, he'd only heard Caitlin talk about him over the phone. From what he could tell, Danny was someone that had touched the hearts of everyone in the room. And now, Ronnie would never get the chance to truly understand why.