Chapter 25

Warning: This chapter may contain some major fluff. 🥰❤

I'm going to be putting the links for the songs in the comment when they actually sing them. If you want to listen to them, you could check them out! It's also an extra long chapter so, enjoy! :)

---

A week later...

Dropping her bag on the floor, Winnie stumbled into her home late at night. She'd spent a good chunk of the evening taking care of the animals down at the CCAS and catching up with Frannie; stopped by Iron Heights Penitentiary for a quick chat with Barry's dad; and ended up at Danny's apartment, trying to keep a drunk Danny from missing the toilet once the alcohol had become too much for him to handle.

All in all, Winnie was exhausted and all she wanted to do was eat a bowl of ice cream, take a nice warm shower, and fall asleep in her bed.

Wandering into the kitchen, Winnie was set on having some chocolate ice cream with some sliced strawberries, her favourite. It was almost like having chocolate dipped strawberries but much creamier and in her opinion, more delicious.

Quietly, she took out a bowl, a spoon and scooped out three little mounds of the dessert, her mouth salivating at the thought of eating the satisfying dish. Next, she reached into the fridge, pulling out some strawberries she'd already washed and cut up the day prior, popping one or two into her mouth before placing some into her bowl.

As quickly as she could, she placed everything away so she could enjoy her dessert properly. She plopped herself down on one of the bar stools set up at the kitchen island and dug in.

About three spoons in, Winnie heard a creaking noise and with her spoon in hand, she turned to find Barry Allen taking off his maroon shirt in the doorway. At the sight, Winnie's mouth dropped open at the same time her spoon clattered back into her bowl.

Hearing the noise, Barry looked up, startled, his eyes widening when he realized that he wasn't alone, "W-Winnie... what are-what are you doing here?"

But, all Winnie could do was stare at his boxers which were decorated with Bohr-Rutherford diagrams of numerous elements. The lack of a response from Winnie caused Barry's cheeks to turn a bright red as he nervously wrapped his arms around his chest.

"I'm...um, I'm just going to go down to the-the laundry room." He stuttered trying to walk down to his destination.

Winnie was still in shock when Barry came back, now sporting a navy blue shirt, her mouth still gaping.

"So... you just got back?" Barry asked, fidgeting with his fingers, his face a slightly less embarrassed shade of pink.

"You-you... you have abs." Winnie blurted out, her heart beating faster and her stomach suddenly filled with gymnasts.

With those words, Barry's cheeks flared up once again as he self-consciously wrapped his arms around his stomach. "Uh... yeah, yeah. I-uh, kind of woke up with them after my coma. It's- it was... I still find it weird."

Now realizing what she'd just said, Winnie snapped out of her daze as she tried to fix her awkward statement. "I mean, it's-it's awesome. I-I'm really sorry if I am being weird, I just... I've had a really long day and-"

"No, don't worry about it." Barry said, waving his hand as nonchalantly as he could, his heart skipping beats. He tried to casually lean himself against the wall to look cool but, instead missed it by a whole two feet and fell.

"Good Godric, Barry!" Winnie exclaimed as she rushed over to where Barry had fallen. "Are you okay?"

Groaning, Barry rubbed the back of his head, his arm hurting as he did so, "I'm... not so sure."