Chapter 20

I've waited forever for this episode so I could show this picture.

---

December

Most of December flew past for Winnie. She'd spent time with her friends, worked, and went about her routine. Part of that routine did include helping Barry defeat metahumans terrorizing the city but, that was beside the point.

Winnie, Barry, and Cisco all spent time watching movies together and Cisco had always managed to make Winnie laugh before, during, and at the end of each one.

Theatre night also finally came around as both Danny and Winnie excitedly watched and soaked in every minute of Annie, despite having seen it about a million times.

Both Winnie and Caitlin had grown a bit closer, having a drink at the coffee shop every once in a while as well.

Dr. Wells would enjoy watching everyone chat and have fun from the sidelines, he would always smile and observe, maybe adding in a few laughs here and there.

Frank loved being adopted by Winnie. He had all these new friends, someone to talk to that could actually listen, and he got to experience all sorts of new things. Sometimes, Winnie would drop him off at Star Labs when she went to work and he would always enjoy the belly rubs he got from Cisco. The only thing was that he felt a bit leery around Dr. Wells.

It confused him because he wasn't sure if it was his rolling machine or just him. Maybe even both. He could never tell but, he never said anything. Winnie was friends with him so, Frank trusted him for the moment at least.

Winnie and Frank had been sitting on the swing on the back porch, a toasty warm sweater coddling the woman.

She was taking a nice long sip from her fresh cup of hot chocolate when her phone rang. Picking it up, she saw that Caitlin was calling her.

"Caitlin?" 

"Hi, Winnie. I'm sure you probably already got everything you needed but, I was wondering if you'd like to come help me do some last minute Christmas shopping? I have to pick up something for Dr. Wells later today."

"Of course. I'd love to." She said smiling.

Christmas had been one of her favourite times of the year and Winnie was determined to not miss this one.

"Winnie, get inside!" Joe yelled.

"Alright, fine." She said as she nodded her chin at the door, telling Frank to go ahead of her.

"Sorry, Cate. I've gotta go, dad wants me indoors."

"Okay, bye Winnie."

"Bye." Winnie hung up the phone and made her way inside. There, she found her father hanging an ornament on the tree and Barry lounging on the couch, handing over each decoration.