Mrs over Ms

Moving in with Wyatt wasn't all that bad. His parents treated me like a daughter and really didn't mind having me around. They were so sweet and considerate, and his sister...

Well, his sister didn't exactly like me much, but she stayed out of my way so it was okay.

Wyatt didn't once make me feel uncomfortable and he kept to his space, and he never made me believe that I was an inconvenience to him. He assured me that I didn't have to get rid of the baby, that he wanted it and would care for it no matter what.

Around three months, I was starting to show and some people could notice I was getting bigger, which had me anxious almost every day I was at school, wondering what people would say if they found out I was pregnant.

Luckily, we graduated before I blew up and the only people who knew about the baby were the people I kept around, who, of course, were Jody, Corey, Lissa and Jamey.

When I told them what had happened, they were really shocked, but then they were happy for me and showed me support.

As Wyatt had promised, a couple weeks after we had graduated, we moved out of his parents house and moved into our own little place that was quite comfortable and soon enough, homey.

★~★~★

"I'm fat." I said with a pout as I looked at my large belly in the mirror. It was getting bigger day by day and I didn't like it.

"You're beautiful." Wyatt said from the bed as he looked at me and smiled. I turned to look at him.

"I can barely fit into any of my clothes." I said with a pout as I looked down at the jean I was wearing. The zip and button wouldn't close, so I had just left it as it is.

"I'll get you more clothes. It's about time you switched to maternity wear anyways." He said with a dimply smile as I frowned.

I waddled over to the bed, picked up a pillow and hit him with it. "So. You're. Saying. I. Am. Fat!" I yelled as I continuously hit him with the pillow with every word I said.

"That's not what I mean, Les!" He said inbetween chuckles and I threw the pillow back onto the bed, all my energy gone as I fell on the bed on my back.

He laughed as he moved so he was face to face with my tummy. "Mommy's a bit grumpy." Wyatt said in a baby voice, talking to my tummy, his hands on either side of the huge orb as he gently rubbed it. "She thinks she looks fat," He looked up at me with a goofy smile and I smiled back, "but I think she still looks beautiful."

He kissed my belly a couple of times before moving up to pepper my face with soft kisses, making me giggle.

"Get off me." I said between giggles as I pushed him off of me and chuckled.

I was the happiest woman on earth at that specific place and time. There really wasn't anything that could make me feel otherwise.

A couple months before the baby was born, he proposed. We went out for a picnic at the rooftop of our apartment building, it wasn't anything new so I was unsuspecting of his motives.

We just sat there on the blanket he had brought up, wine glasses in our hands, but my glass had cranberry juice in it while his had actual wine.

"You know, I've been thinking..." Wyatt said, capturing my attention.

I looked at him expectantly. "What?"

"Don't you think it's time we changed your last name?" He asked casually and my eyes opened so wide, it's a wonder they didn't fall out.

"Clarify?" I said softly as I looked at him.

"Marry me, Les... Be my wife." He said, taking out a ring from his pants pocket.

"But... Isn't it too soon?"

"You're pregnant with my kid and we're already living together. I don't think a ring on your pretty little finger will make that much of a difference." He said with a smile as he played with the little ring in his fingers.

"If it won't make a difference then why did you even bother asking?" I said with annoyance, my hormones getting the best of me.

"Oh baby. You know I didn't mean it like that." He said calmly as he took my hand and kissed it. "Just as you're carrying my child," he kissed my cheek, "I want you to carry my last name... 'Mrs Lesley Dakota King', doesn't that sound nice?" He asked with a cheeky smile. "I personally think that it suits you better than 'Ms Lesley Dakota Simmons'."

I giggled and hit his chest, "What's wrong with 'Simmons'?" I asked with a smile of my own.

"It's not the name I have a problem with, it's the 'Ms'. You should be a 'Mrs', 'Mrs Wyatt King'. Continue my legacy." He rubbed my belly while giving me a funny look and I giggled.

"Okay, okay. I'll be 'Mrs Wyatt King'."

"Really?!" He exclaimed excitedly as he sat up straight.

"Yes. Now gimme." I said, wiggling my fingers for the ring.

He slid it onto my finger with an adorable grin on his lips.

"Like a glove." He mumbled, lifting my hand to his lips.

I looked at the ring and admired it in awe.

It was a white gold ring with three small but beautiful diamonds on it.

I frowned a little.

"What? You don't like it?" He asked, concern laced into his voice.

"No, I love it, it's just... Where did you get the money to buy this?"

"Don't worry about that babe." He said with a smile and leaned in to give me a chaste kiss on my lips. "I love you, soon-to-be Mrs King." I giggled, holding his cheek in my palm.

"I love you too, Mr King."