The devil himself

The abuse started anew after we had found out there was no chance of me making a child in my own womb. At this point, I didn't care anymore.

There was no use.

My mom had come to get me when Wyatt was out and I went without hesitation.

I took all my necessities and dug out that old picture of me, Wyatt and Cassia.

When I was back home with mom, the first thing I did was to take the picture out and I cut Wyatt out from the picture, tearing him up and flushing him down the toilet.

If I could only do that to him.

I made sure to put my phone on airplane mode and turned it off, then I just stayed in my old room, wallowing in self pity.

Do you remember what I had thought the first time I met him?

Something's off...

And do you remember what I did after I had felt something off about him?

I kept talking to him, entertaining him.

I was just supposed to be another girl in the background, and he was supposed to be just another face in the crowd, but he just wouldn't leave me alone.

I cried so hard at the memories. Some good, some bad, even more of them tragic.

All this happened just because I chose to sit alone like a loser at break, instead of just going to the library like I had originally decided.

All this happened because I hadn't thrown away that stupid piece of paper with his number, and so I called him because I 'needed someone to talk to', instead of just crying it out like I had with all of my previous relationships.

All because I was too weak to walk away...

I thought that Wyatt had forgotten about me, or finally decided to let me go now that I was pretty much useless to him, but a week after staying at my mom's place, he came back with a vengeance.

He banged on the door like a survivor during the zombie apocalypse and shouted my name as if there were a hundred people between us with multiple jackhammers in the background.

"Lesley, open this fucking door right now!!!"

"Leave now, or I'll call the cops for trespassing!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

"Lesley, get your ass out here before I fucking drag you out by your fucking hair!!!"

My hair was shoulder length now, I had decided to do something new to distract myself. Wyatt wasn't going to like it. Not like he would notice though, he would be too busy yanking on it to notice.

I curled up into a small ball, as small I could be, as if if I got any smaller, Wyatt would somehow forget me.

"I swear to god if you don't leave here — oh my god!!" I heard my mom yell and I let out a sob because I knew he had gotten in.

My bedroom door was locked, but a piece of wood didn't stop him before, why would it stop him now?

Before I knew it, there was banging and yelling on the other side of my door and I put my hands on my ears to try and block out the noise.

It didn't help.

After a lot of banging and yelling, the door finally burst open, banging on the wall behind it and scaring the living day lights out of me.

But nothing was more scarier than the monster moving at lightning speed towards me, and as promised, he went for my hair and yanked me to my feet.

He made me look at him with my neck bent uncomfortably.

"I will kill you, Mrs King." He growled through his teeth and I just sobbed as he pulled me by my hair.

I tried to remove his hand from my hair, or at least loosen his grip a bit, but it was like iron in my hair. Like that fucking persistent knot that just won't straighten out.

I couldn't see where mom was, I didn't know what he had done to her.

He threw me into the passenger seat of the car and locked the door then went to the drivers side.

It's not like I would've tried to get out of the car. I was way beyond exhausted and disoriented.

We drove in silence until we got to the apartment, my tears long gone. He opened the door for me and grabbed my arm, pulling me out and slamming the door harshly.

When we had gotten to the apartment, he threw me inside like a rag doll then locked the door.

He took his shirt off over his head as he walked over towards me and crouched down so that he was looking at me eye to eye.

He lightly carassed my cheek with the back of his fingers and I flinched.

"You're mine, Les." He said calmly as he grabbed my cheeks between his fingers. "I love you. And you love me. It is what it is."

He forced his lips on mine and I managed to push him back immediately.

"I'm going to take a shower." He announced before standing up and heading to the bathroom.

After about an hour — or what felt like an hour — Wyatt came out and I was still on the floor.

"I ran you a bath. I'm just going to sleep." He said casually, going to the kitchen and getting a glass of water, a pill in his hand.

Sleeping pill.

He's going to be out for hours. I thought as I silently watched him go back to the room.

After what felt like forever, I stood up stripping out of my clothes as I trudged towards the bedroom.

I saw Wyatt there, sleeping peacefully. I didn't even bother to see if he was still awake or not as I took the sleeping pills from the nightstand.

I emptied the bottle and put them all in my mouth, it seemed to be a new batch, so there were still quite a lot.

I closed the bottle as I tried to chew the pills, ignoring the bitterness as I went to the bathroom to drink a bit of water from the sink so that it all went down.

I walked back to the bedroom and looked down at Wyatt, then kneeled down and kissed his lips softly.

"I tried to love you... But it obviously wasn't enough." I said as I lightly caressed his face.

My eyes were starting to feel heavy, so I kissed him one last time and went back to the bathroom. I looked for a blade, which I found easily.

I got into the bubble bath Wyatt ran for me and opened more water, not caring that the tub would overflow. I slid the blade across my wrists, targeting the veins.

Ignoring the pain was hard but necessary.

I love you Wyatt, but... It wasn't... Enough. I closed my eyes one final time...

He promised to kill me... And kill me he did...

They say it takes two to tango, and I had done the tango with the devil himself.