Part 34: Accepted

I think I stared at that message for an hour before I did anything with it. I mean, this was the answer to my life's goal! I was scared to open it.

It had only been two hours since my date with Fiona and I was feeling amazing, and I couldn't imagine ruining this feeling right now if I was being denied. (I found out later that they won't contact you if you're denied.) I finally decided that I had to open it unless I would never know if I was accepted.

Hello Mark,

My name is Christopher Jacobs, one of the judges at your audition. I would like you to know that I will be your A&R coordinator throughout your new singing career. I know you are on spring break now, but if you can come back to our headquarters soon I would love to talk to you about your new position. Please call me back as soon as possible.

Relief, excitement, and anxiousness flooded into me all at once. (Don't ask how anxiety and relief go hand in hand!) I was about to call Christopher, but I noticed another message from Alex in my notifications. I tapped the message to open it.

Guess what, Mark?! We're gonna be business partners! I get to be your business manager and manage your financial career. I'll see you soon!

This got rid of some of my anxiety knowing I would have a friend there the whole time I would be working for them and on my first day. I dialed Christopher's number and before it rang the second time he picked up.

"Hello, Christopher Jacobs!" he greeted.

"Hey Christopher. This is Mark."

"Oh hey Mark. I assume you got my message then?"

"Yeah, I just opened it."

"I still expected a much later response," Christopher joked.

"I worked hard to get here, Christopher. I wasn't gonna delay too long."

He laughed. "You can call me Chris, by the way. Anyways can you come in on Saturday?"

"Yeah! That shouldn't be a problem at least"

"I'll see you then. Bye Mark."

"Bye Chris!" I ended as he hung up.

It was Wednesday today, meaning I would have a few days till I had to meet them, and I planned on using this time to enjoy my spring break. I screenshot Chris's text and sent it into White Poseidon's group chat. I then sent it individually to Fiona, Eddie, and Riley. It didn't take long for them to responded with congratulations. Danny, Shauna, Shane, and Rem all joked around about being jealous, and jokingly asked when my first world tour was.

Waiting for my parents to get home from shopping, made me feel like I might explode from anticipation. My mom was probably dragging (Almost literally now!) my dad around to all her favorite stores, and looking at things both of them knew she wasn't going to buy.

When they finally got home I practically tripped over the couch in my excitement. I stumbled to the door before they even got the door open.

"Whoa, what's the hurry, Mark?" my mom asked cushioning my fall with her arms.

"What are you hiding, Mark?" my dad eyeing me and my phone suspiciously.

Ignoring him I quickly exclaimed, "Golden Fleece accepted me to be one of their singers!"

They were shocked and offered me congratulatory hugs. I could feel their pride through the strength of their hugs. (I was honestly worried my dad would hurt himself hugging me that hard from his wheelchair.) When they finally let go I could feel a tear rolling down my cheek. I was so happy right now about finally reaching my goal that I was crying. Not only that, but the same parents who weren't the greatest supporters when I was younger were prouder than ever.

"I can't believe our son is gonna be a professional singer!" my dad exclaimed.

"Neither can I! What are you gonna do about college?" my mom asked in disbelief and concern.

"I'm gonna finish college for an electrical engineer and hopefully just use it as a backup," I responded.

I had spent the past two hours waiting for them working on what I was gonna do now that I already had my dream job. Research showed that unless I had some success I would need to have a college education. I really hope I won't need it.