04

Are you kidding me?!

My previous quarrel with Mrs.Goh proved to be troublesome for me in the long run. Instead of the two weeks detention I was so unfairly given, it had now been extended for two more weeks, totalling up to four weeks of hell. 

As Mr.Cha had explained to me, my ignorance and lack of respect riled her up to a point where she wanted to teach me a lesson about basic manners. A lesson where students who found it difficult to cope with school mechanism were offered extra help for the best interest in improving themselves in order for an effective schooling system.

In other words, hand-picked students who had travelled their way around Mrs.Goh evil side, and many other unjust teachers for that matter, were to be placed in this special class. I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be a witch, because she sure as hell act like one.

Mr.Cha reassured that I only needed to be on my best behaviour for one month, and I would be free from her grasp. It seemed like a warning for me, that I couldn't cause any troubles until then, or else there would be more consequences I had to face.

I had to admit, it was my fault for dozing off in class, but I couldn't help but scowl at the thought of a four week detention. It was unfair and not in the slightest bit reasonable, but I couldn't argue back. 

What was I going to do, scream?

That seems bizarre as it is, but I wanted to stay on Mr.Cha's good grace, and for that I couldn't argue with him. He mentioned that my detention started today at break and to meet at class 3A, gathering everyone first before going to the detention hall. 

When I heard of the class, I was shocked as to why we would even gather there in the first place. I knew someone from class 3A, aside from the obvious smart students, but someone I disliked too well was there. My mother would be be happy unfortunately, but not me. My intention was to never interact with him in school unless there was a need to, but this is pushing it too far. 

I pushed him out of my thoughts and concentrated on what was told to me by Mr. Cha.

I thought back bitterly from the talk I had on first period, remembering everything as clear as I can, trying my best not to leave out a single detail about being obedient to certain teachers.  

I stayed rooted in my seat, drawing little circles with my feet, aimlessly trying to extend the time as far as possible. 

The smell of honey chicken,seaweed and kimchi engulfed the whole classroom in an instant as students opened the lids of their food containers, looking at it with excitement to devour it completely. My stomach grumbled at the sight of this, yearning for a proper meal and not just a melon bread that though delicious, was unfulfilling to eat. 

I squared my chest up, suddenly remembering I still have detention, I opened the door and headed for class 3A. I briskly walked along the busy corridors that was bustling with students, trying to find  the header board for any sign of the classroom. 

This is peaceful.

Even if I was headed to my grave, it was calming for me to waltz across the hallways without any worries and major problems. I felt free, and I tried to enjoy my last few moments of what little freedom was left.  

From the corner of my eye, I spotted the classroom with the signboard named 3A and felt my heart sunk a little. I went along similar procedures before, and it feels like a never-ending cycle repeating again and again for me to suffer. I guess you reap what you sow. 

I hope he isn't there.

I pressed down the handle and faced the classroom. 

Truth to be told, I may have pushed opened the door a little aggressively resulting in the surprised faces of everyone, turning their unfamiliar heads from their food towards me in all sorts of expression. I stared at them blankly, debating whether I should exit the classroom and act like nothing happened.