05

I sat on the big, soft sofa in the middle, looking around the student council room in awe. The room was big and spacious; walls painted in red and gold that reflected royalty, a sturdy wood desk in the middle with pens and paper scattered all over and the two comfortable sofa slightly in front of it. Two students also sat beside me, one looking bored and one looking rather interested about everything. They seemed absorbed in what they were doing so I didn't bother making acquaintances with them.  

I could hear someone shouting about something beyond the walls, and by the sound of it, they seem to be in a heated argument. I tilted my head slightly, wondering what they were so angry about, but I guess that question would be left unanswered.

To think that there would be a day where I was allowed in the student council room would be a joke. But now that I'm in, it didn't seem as laughable as I thought it would.

How did I even get here.

Oh right, the sudden change of plans by the student council that they were to be the ones handing the detention for the next month. Mrs. Goh had no say to this, it seems, as she was shocked hearing this ridiculous news too. With the exception of me, everyone seemed happy to escape her wrath for a month, cheering as soon as the student council committee announced this.

There was a total of six students in detention- from Ms. Goh's representatives at least- and there was two girls and four boys; all of whom I've wasn't quite familiar with. I may have passed them in the corridors creating a huge ruckus, but that may be it. We were split into two groups where half of the students went with one part of the student council, and the other half doing the same.

The handsome guy that kept staring like a creep in the morning turned out to be part of the student council. I had thought about it and realized that his intentions was to verify all the school rebels before we were gathered in a gigantic oven and cooked alive. 

Surprise, surprise. 

He gestured and explained all the details in an antagonizing yet friendly manner. I couldn't get accustomed to his strange duality and even pondered whether I was dreaming. It was also...fun. Finally doing something that did not stick to a routine schedule was relieving and calming, though I'm sure I would come to regret this later on. 

I had also found this to be absurd however; the prestigious student council who were sometimes too busy to attend normal class had extra time to be tutoring a bunch of rascals? It was weird.

Something stood out like a sore thumb for me, and it was the fact that someone within the student council who had a higher authority over the teachers was the one making these decisions.  

Who is it? And why?

As questions lingered in my mind, someone suddenly barged in the door with two hands pushing the door wide open, creating a more dramatic effect for cinematic purposes I could only guess.

There is no cameras though..

"Jaehyun, I don't understand at all!" the harsh voice of a girl who came after the handsome guy echoed in the room.

"You don't have to understand," the handsome guy who I know knew went by the name of Jae-hyun spoke coldly, hands buried in his pockets while walking towards the desk in the middle. "It's not your job to, Eun-Kyung"

"Don't tell me what to do!" she rebuked furiously as she followed him.

I stared at her model-like figure, platinum blonde hair with dark roots complementing her sharp facial features, with fair and smooth skin. I almost choked on my saliva by how captivated I was.

Ahh, to be perfect.

He stopped in his tracks and turned around to look at Eun-Kyung. She was about the same height as me, but stood no chance against his tall and lean figure. He grabbed her chin with his index finger, lifting her face to look up at him. 

Everyone was taken aback by his sudden PDA in front of everyone, not expecting this from a member of the student council. I was also shocked, but could only wish I brought some popcorn to enjoy the free life-action of a worthy K-drama series. Based on my experiences with K-drama, the male-lead would most likely lean in for a kiss in a situation like this. I was practically an expert in this field, that I could predict and anticipate their next move.

Kiss... in 3..2.

I could see her flushed and confused face from a distance, both locking eye-contact together with mixed emotions in their eyes. He suddenly turned his head towards my direction, smiling with that dangerous look of his, then dropping his arm back to his side, leaving Eun-kyung dumbfounded. 

What-

"Everyone is dismissed. Detention officially starts tomorrow, don't forget about the details previously mentioned. Get familiar to the route to the student council room, you will also be here more often than you think you would." he spoke in that cold tone once again, walking around the large desk before planting down himself on the chair with a bored look on his face. "You'll be late to your lessons."

Huh

"What was that for?!" I didn't have to look to know it was the shriek of Eun-kyung, raging at Jaehyun for the absent kiss everyone was waiting for.

"A slip of a finger."

The two boys that were in detention silently creeped out of the room, knowing this wasn't where they were supposed to be. I followed behind them and quickly rushed out of the room, relieved when I successfully escaped another room of hell.

Jaehyun, was it? He sure has a thing for staring at people's eyes, stealing away their souls and overall, a flirt?

What a weird person..

"Man, the student council sure are a bunch of mysterious fellows. But I totally wasn't expecting that. I wonder what position does he has, I bet 50 dollar it's really high!" the boy with brown hair in front of me exclaimed.

"I heard they have a private aquarium in one of the rooms, do you think we will be able to see it?" the other boy babbled, equally as excited as his friend.

"Nah, don't think so. That's probably where they have their weekly meeting or something, it's closed off to commoners like us." he laughed.

"True, but I wonder why they have to hide their identities and the position in the student council, you know? It just doesn't make sense because everyone respects the student council, so it doesn't matter what rank you're in, you're still superior." the other explained.

I quickly walked past them, stopping myself from eavesdropping any further. I learned many things by listening the gossip of other people, and this proved to be another one. The other boy did seem to have logic behind his words, but my answer to his last question would probably be-

politics

--------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Don't mind me, just student council stuff~╰(◡‿◡✿╰)