Chapter:- 3

Daniya's POV:

One week before marriage.

"I'm telling you. If you don't get up right now then you are dead." I heard Raniya's voice. Yes. It's Raniya. She became like a family member in these months. And you know what I have seen the new side of her. Savage. She has taken stand for herself. She has punched Sudheer when he tried to bully her after I gave her the lecture. And after that he stopped troubling her. He is a certified jerk. But right now she is irritating me alot. I opened my eyes and found her glaring at me.
"What?" I asked with my sleepy voice.

"What what? Get up or it won't be good for you. It's 7 of the evening. We have to go for shopping also." She said making me sit. I rolled my eyes as she mentioned about shopping.

"Shopping? At this time? Are you crazy?" I asked her.

"Yes at this. We don't get time other than this. We have lectures till 5:30. Then only this is the time we are free. So get up and get fresh. We will leave after Maghrib Prayer." She said and I sighed. Well, she is right. We are free only after 5:30.

"Okay. I'm getting up. But how are you here? I mean what about your job?" I asked her. She works after university. She has a grandmother and a younger sister. I have met them and they are really very sweet. I looked at her who was standing there with a sad face. I made her sat beside me.

"What happened girl? Everything okay?" I asked and she smiled which didn't reached her eyes.

"Of course everything okay. What will happen?" She said and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Truth Rani." I said glaring at her and she sighed.

"I left the job Dan." She said sadly and I sighed.

"Why? No one did anything to you, right?" I asked because there are many boys out there. You know what I'm trying to say right.

"No nothing like that. They are not giving me salary from last 3 months. They are continuously delaying it. So I left. I can't work there where my hard work doesn't matter to anyone." She said sighing deeply. I know if I offer her money she won't take it.

"You can work in our office. I'll talk to Dad." I said but she shook her head.

"No. It's alright. I'll work in some hospital. I have to work one day right? Then why not now. And even I earn by making clothes and Dadi's cake shop is enough for our livelihood. Alhamdulillah." She said smiling.

"Someone can help you here. Let's go." I said getting up from the bed but she held my hand.

"First you go and fresh up. Dua will be here. And all your cousins also in some time. Rest of them are waiting downstairs. We'll talk about this afterwards. You enjoy your marriage days girl." She said winking at me and that's when I realized I'm getting married. I sighed. I don't know to whom I'm getting married. I just know that my family loves him the most but I don't think I'll be able to give him my love. Because my heart is filled with his love. I knew from the start that he can't be mine still I have a hope, a little hope that may be he'll love me one day. May be he'll be mine one day. But I don't think it's possible now. As I'm getting married after seven days. And I heard that he is also getting married. Our love was one sided. I love him but he doesn't love me. He loves Bushi Appi but she doesn't love him. I sighed.

"Where are you lost?" I heard Raniya's voice and came back to reality.

"Go." She said pushing me towards bathroom. I freshened up and came out to see her sitting in bed with all girls. Even Dua is here now. We prayed Maghrib and went down. I saw Azaan and Aqib in the living room.