Chapter 5: Weekend One

9:35 am, Sunday morning. Tyler once again arrived in Camps Bay, a time arranged the day before. He was parked in the driveway of the luxurious quarters of the Lombard Family. One would assume that because of the open style and expansive windows of the house, someone would have noticed Mason Pulling up, but no one had. He guessed that the house had just been too big for that. Tyler was left to exit the Mercedes and walk up to the door. As he rang the bell, a chime of Flight Of The Bee sounded off. Tyler found this strange and hurrying but could imagine how effective the hasty tone must have always been, and he hadn't been mistaken. Soon after, the massive black front door was opened, and from it, the jittery, light-hearted Mrs. Lombard appeared.

"Oh hello, dear. You must be Tyler."

"Yes, yes I am."

"Well, I am Emily's mother. Call my Evelyn, Missus Lombard, Aunty E, whatever you like." Tyler held out his hand in the protocol of introduction, but much to his surprise, he was pulled in for a tight gripped, heartfelt hug.

"Oh! Wow, uh..."

"It's so nice to meet you, Tyler."

"Uh, the feeling is mutual, Missus Lombard." Tyler replied while still being compactly embraced. A second or two later, Emily's mother let go. "Is Emily home?" I'm supposed to meet her this morning."

"Of course, yes, yes. Please come inside, Tyler." Mrs. Lombard opened the door further and allowed Mason to step inside. "She's probably in her room upstairs. I'll go get her. Please, Tyler, make yourself comfortable." Just before Mason could shut the door, Mrs. Lombard, who had made it halfway up a grand staircase, called out, "Oh, don't close it!" We need some air in the house."

"Air?" He said to himself as he looked around. One could hardly tell the difference between the outdoors and in. The house was bright, exposed and spacious. The furniture appeared to be too expensive to serve its purpose, so he remained standing, and treaded carefully, not touching a single thing. Mason only observed and studied his surroundings. Only until hearing a voice emanating from the front doorway.

"Glad to see my car is still in one piece." Emily emerged from the sunny outdoors, the light beautifully glowing around her. The scene was almost as stunning as the girl herself.

"Good morning, Emily."

"Hey, you." She said while walking up to him. "Ooh, way to dress for the occasion, Tyler." Emily sarcastically claimed while checking out his outfit; a plain t-shirt and the same pair of black jeans and boots he had worn almost on every day that week. "Need I remind you that we're going to the beach?"

"What were you expecting, a speedo? James Bond at the beach?" Said Mason as he looked down at the ensemble.

"Well, after that cheeky pair of shorts you had on the other day, it wouldn't be a stretch." Emily joked.

"Well, I'm sorry I don't look as breezy as you do, Miss Sports Illustrated, swimsuit edition." Referring to Emily's black two piece bikini underneath a half-buttoned, white shirt.

"Oh, whatever, Tyler." Emily rolled her eyes and laughed."

"You look nice, Emily." He said. His words brought Emily to freeze for a moment, his words made her smile. "Thank you, Tyler."

"Emily's not in her room, Tyler. She must have..." From upstairs, Mrs. Lombard yelled out before turning the corner to see her daughter toe to toe with Tyler. "Oh, never mind. You found each other. Enjoy yourselves." She said as she left their company, smirking.

"Your mom's nice."

"Ja, she really is. My father's out playing golf with Tracy's. So I guess we're done here. Let's get going." Tyler grabbed a packed bag next to the door as requested by Emily, and they headed out.