Chapter 7: Not in the Past

A Few Weeks Later

"Damn, Derrick. Take a look at that." Kyle excitedly exclaimed to his friend perched upon a purple barstool, over the pumping decibels, as they watched a dark-haired beauty stealing the dance floor. They stared, as her body swayed in the multi-coloured strobes to the hard tempo of a hip-hop club track. Eyes closed, tranquilly unaware of the congregated males surrounding her.

"Who is she?" Abrahams asked, dressed in a black button down shirt.

"No idea." Said Derrick. "I've never seen her before. No wonder why I've felt so empty all my life."

"Well too bad, I'm going to go talk to her." Kyle stood up boldly with a determined guise.

"Ja right, Abrahams. Like you have a shot with a gorgeous woman like that."

Instead of responding, Kyle straightened out his shirt and walked off confidently.

"Shoot your shot then, big guy! Use your I'll stomp through the ground and make you fall for me line!" Derrick yelled out to him.

On the dance floor, an awkward forty something had been attempting to half-dance with or behind the attention groping beauty. That was, until Kyle unapologetically stepped in to end the cringe-worthy sight. The young woman strode backwards with the beat, up against Abrahams.

"Oooh, solid!" she called out as she rubbed up against his chest. She turned around to see what she was working with. Kyle wasn't dancing, but it didn't stop her.

"Is this the part where you feed me a horrible line?" She asked, talking into his ear.

"No. I was actually thinking of getting straight to knowing your name."

"Right, like you came over here to get my name."

"Maybe I'm just trying to be a gentleman." Kyle replied.

"How refreshing. A gentleman though, would compliment the results of a woman's hard work. Her hair," She twirled back around and waved her sweet scented locks past his face, "Her dress." And began swaying once more. "Her body. It makes sense, hey?"

"Well, I think a gentleman would do his best to imply that a woman's beauty was effortless." The woman smiled at the reply.

"Now that's a line."

Kyle smiled. "Can I get you a drink?" The girl shook her head. "Not right now, thanks. I'm actually not here."

"What?" Kyle asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I mean, I was actually just passing through. A bunch of my friends are having a private party in the back."

"Oh, I hear you. I hope I'm not holding you back, girl?"

"Actually, you're holding us back." She faced Kyle once again and grabbed onto his hands. "Because you're coming with me."

Abrahams helped the girl to push through the jubilant crowd.

"Oh, in case you really wanna know, I'm Cassidy."

"Kyle, Kyle Abrahams." He answered.

He should have known what he was walking into, from the moment he first stepped into the back room. The door itself, unassuming from the outside, but a deep, rich auburn from within. Not that anyone would really notice it amongst everything else going on around. One would rather notice the swords fanned up against the maroon walls, money bills dispassionately lying on and around a glass coffee table. One would notice this, only after noticing a select number of men and women, involved in all sorts of activities around the room. A man and a woman at the bar, being served an almost bubbling shot of alcohol, clearly not for the usual digestive system. Another man in a suit sitting in the couch on the corner, admirably watching a scantily dressed dancer on a pedestal. A dancer who had been effortlessly exuding a cloud of a, glittering, fairy dust like bits into the air around herself. Another example of the ongoings in the room was a woman, lying down on a massage table, being treated to a massage by a man with two studded hands, and fingers which added up to more than ten, rubbing onto her naked back, in full view of everyone. This, amongst a few other things had been part of the happenings. It had been clear that this space had been a spot for people with naturally altered genes to practice taboos without the cristism of the general public. Although it had been a sight, it did not seem welcoming to Tyler. The room was quiet but not peaceful.