Trials and Tribulations

A/N Oh you'd better believe I'm giving you another 7000 and something word chapter, lol

I was gonna post a chapter now and on Wednesday, cause I forgot to post last Wednesday. but there's so many words in this chapter, I think I'll just give you this.

this is just a year in to the story, i didn't want to split it up so you just get the whole time skip dump in one chapter. there won't be a lot of screen time between the start of the story and the actual season-two time period, just enough to set things up and fill things and add in cliches. i have an actual plot on top of the cliches so, you know, whatever.

anyway, enjoy.

"Good Morning Jump City!"

"coming up: a tragic crash; a family driven off the road in our city's fifth accident this month. Real estate Prices; the best times to be buying property and where? And the return of our weekly segment; Jump City's speedster."

Wally groaned, reached for his phone on his night stand without opening his eyes. His hand hit something and he cracked his eyes open: the couch. His hand was hitting the side of the couch.

Great, did he manage to take his shoes off this time?

He sat up; no he had not.

"first up today; the man donning drag to raise money for family's grappling with cancer."

Wally grabbed the remote from the coffee table and turned off the TV.

There was a mug of coffee, half empty, on the table with several documents scattered over the surface. The papers were a mix of invoices, notes from work and records from his superhero stuff.

He gathered up the superhero stuff and sped them to his safe. He needed to make a habit of not letting them lie around, but in the past year he hadn't managed it.

He tipped out his discarded coffee from the night before, washed the mug and then set it on the counter with sugar and put the coffee pot on. He checked the calendar; he didn't have to head into the shop till Friday, he had time to smash out some school work till then.

And he also had to, at some point, save the city from Zoom. No biggie.

Wally poured out the coffee, rubbing at his head. His neck was sore.

The papers on the coffee table moved.

Wally didn't look. His eyes glanced to the window, open, he could've sworn he closed it when he got home last night. He stirred his coffee, trying to look at the corners of the apartment without tipping off whoever had snuck in.

He saw something move.

He grabbed at it. tripping it up and pushing it against the wall.

It couldn't be Zoom, he was way faster than Wally. The only reason he hadn't killed him yet was probably because he liked messing about with Wally.

He finally bothered to get a good look at his attacker-

"Barry?"

"hey Kiddo, want to let me go now?"

Wally dropped him, and stared as his uncle rubbed at his neck and straightened up.

"ow, nice reflexes," his uncle smiled.

"what are you doing here?" Wally asked flatly.