Meeting

A/N

Wooooo, did y'all enjoy last chapter? Some pretty big stuff happened, huh? Yeah, M'Gann's attempts at acting were real fun...

okay, I'm kidding, I'm obviously talking about Dick and Kaldur.

I am not a romance person, I really suck at writing it. Maybe it's cause I'm ace, I dunno, but I stretched my romance muscle writing Kaldur and Dick's interactions for this story in hopes that I could sprinkle things around and make the lead up decently realistic. If we're being honest there was no way I was gonna manage to write a realistic progression from friends to lovers in such a short time span, but I hope i did okay with what time and energy I did put in. 

Anyway, Onwards!

Dick was a light traveller, he had been since he'd run away from the manor with only one bag. It wasn't hard to get all his shit together.

Which made it great because he needed to skedaddle.

He'd kissed Kaldur. Like, on the lips. Like a real kiss.

Why the fuck did he do that? What the fuck was he thinking?

So, he had to get his ass out of there, because if he saw Kaldur again he would pull him aside and talk to him about it. which would be awkward. And get him into a huge mess. And he'd probably kiss him again. FUCK.

He realised he was basically falling back on his teenaged plan of just running away from your problems, but Dick had had enough problems already. He'd been working alongside Kaldur for months, and he'd been piled on with more issues than the past two years.

He said bye to Slade on his way out then snuck past Artemis to the ship. He'd left a note for Kaldur, with just the basic 'hi, I'm too scared to talk to you right now, bye' kind of thing. And now it was time to get out before he got stuck any longer.

The ride on the ship to the mainland was quick, he emerged at the Bludhaven docks. He just had to get to Lex Corp's building, get to the roof, by the time he was there Duvall would have arrived with the chopper.

He strapped his bag to his back and mock saluted the trooper manning the sub as he exited. He knew Bludhaven's streets pretty well, so he was able to stuff his hands in his pockets and let his mind wander.

Until he caught sight of a tail.

Someone was following him. just a shadow in the background.

Dick took three rights. He managed to catch them as he crossed the road. The shadow became a smudge of black and copper.

Dick sighed and rolled his eyes, ducking into an alley, turning down at the end of it to a small area behind a store. He crossed his arms and stared at the sky, almost orange and getting darker by the second.

"caught me?"

"you slipped on Burt street," he said, looking at the entrance of the alley.

Artemis crossed her arms.

"what?"

Did Kaldur tell her and now she was coming after him to make him talk to Kaldur?

"I want you to come with me."

Dick raised his eyebrows, "yes officer, are we going to the station?"

Artemis didn't laugh, "easy way or hard way, dude, come on."

"I've got a dead line, Arty," he smiled, "can't miss my flight."

"yeah, I thought you'd say that."