Malina Island

"All sectors report status."

Renegade stood to the side, Kaldur waiting for his men to report in. Malina island took less constant upkeep than expected, especially seeing as it was technically a Krolatean base. They just had to oversee and keep things going.

"sector one: secured."

"sector two: secured."

There was a gap of static.

"sector four: secured."

Kaldur and Renegade shared a look.

"sector three, report," Kaldur ordered. Static continued to crackle, "sector three."

"well that's promising," Renegade quipped.

Kaldur stood and put his helmet back on, storming out. Renegade followed along, eyes seeking out the intruders who must be around. Kaldur alerted his men of the possible threat and told them to double down.

And, they were not hard to find.

"Intruders on the level," Kaldur announced over the comms.

Renegade caught the shadows just as Kaldur did.

"and in the water."

He turned and fired the laser-beam into the water, Renegade slid his sword out of its sheath and took to Kaldur's side. As the heroes began popping out of cover they sprang into the fight. renegade shot a smirk over his shoulder to Kaldur.

"seems this mission won't stay boring after all," he snickered, dodging a hit and giving plenty more back.

"you were bored?" he heard Kaldur ask.

Renegade was keeping up with the fight, sure, but also he was watching what Kaldur was doing. This would be a good basis for whether he really was a traitor.

As Manta's men swarmed Kaldur stood back and contacted the higher ups. Renegade stayed on alert to make sure no one got a lucky hit in.

"Manta to partner, the base has been infiltrated, abort operation."

"Partner to Manta, the device is already primed, you have five minutes," Renegade faltered a step. Five minutes? That was it? "get your men out. The bomb will take care of the rest."

"perfect."

"oh, you've got that right," Renegade scowled.

They seemed far enough away from the fight to not be in immediate trouble, but Kaldur laid down cover fire with the lasers of his helmet and Renegade did the same with his pistol.

"Manta to all troopers, endgame enabled," Kaldur said, "strategic retreat to Manta flier, you have four minutes."

The two started moving, not waiting for the troops to follow. As they ran Renegade finally took notice of Batman, fighting alongside Robin and Batgirl. Any other day he'd pick a fight with Batgirl- who he was almost 100 percent sure was Barbara- for the hell of it, now he wasn't in the mood.

They moved through the base with precision, noticing as the heroes changed strategy, going after them having noticed their retreat.

"three minutes to departure," Kaldur said, and Renegade noticed a hero getting close- he didn't know this one, but considering the shirt they must be working with wonder woman. He drew her away from Kaldur and managed to manoeuvre out of some hits, but didn't give any of his own.

As he stepped back to help Kaldur he realised he was a bit late.

A fist slammed into Kaldur and he went flying, the helmet coming off and clanging on the ground. As he stood again the heroes took a double take and Renegade moved in to Kaldur's side.