Chapter 15

Tyvral

Tyvral floated in his prison, a continment field. His hands and feet were bound by energy and he floated in its blue light. Coils that fired bolts of electricity were just above his head. A kart, which held tools for torture, was in front of him, blades and syringes gleaming in the light.

“So you do not believe I will turn you,” said the grand inquisitor walking slowly as he spoke, a cruel smile on his lips. “This is foolish after all you are already turning to the dark side, I can sense your hatred”.

“Yeah I can sense yours to, did someone put a deathstick in your drink or something?” asked Tyvral.

The grand inquisitor pressed a button and the coils fired. Bolts of electricity struck Tyvral who jerked violently gritting his teeth trying not to cry out in pain. The inquisitor smirked, Tyvral gritted his teeth, he wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of hearing him scream. Tyvral heard the remote click as the power was increased.

The coils fired with a renewed vigor and Tyvral growled he wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.

The remote clicked.

Tyvral felt a tooth crack as he clenched his teeth even more. He wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.

The remote clicked.

Tyvral muscles bulged as he held in the screams. He wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.

The remote clicked.

Tyvral couldn’t do it anymore. He let out a roar of pain and the grand inquisitor smiled. Tyvral tried to reach out with the force but pain kept stabbing into his mind like a knife again and again. 

The grand inquisitor turned the knob on the remote and it clicked, but this time the coils turned off. He was smiling.

Tyvral fell limp panting.

The grand inquisitor’s smile grew even more, “My my, we’ve only gotten started and we’re making such good progress. This will be even better than I thought”.

Tyvral tried to bare his teeth at the grand inquisitor, to insult him, to do something. Instead he blinked rapidly just trying to stay awake.

The grand inquisitor walked over to the kart and held up a syringe, examing it’s gleaming point in the light. “Do you know what this does?” he asked, “It makes you so sensitive to pain that a tap hurt, I wonder what will happen when we do more than tap,” he said smiling.

The door to the room opened and a stormtrooper walked in, “Sir there has been a Jedi sighting, Lord Vader says you are to leave immediately”.

The grand inquisitor sighed and smiled at Tyvral, “Very well, we shall have to resume our game later”. He turned and strode out.

Tyvral closed his eyes and hoped that sleep would take him. Then the door opened, he opened his eyes and saw a dark skinned man looking at him coolly. “I am Moff Gideon,” said the man, “Lord Vader wishes for me to break you, so I will. That said I am a busy man so lets get this over with”.

Tyvral tried to speak but his tongue felt heavy, he couldn’t talk. He blinked heavily and let out shallow breaths. Then he heard footsteps and the force began scream for him to run. Tyvral’s eyes flew open as a second wind struck him and he jerked on his restraints.

The footsteps continued.

Tyvral thrashed wildly.

The footsteps continued, they were close now.

Tyvral’s danger sense was going crazy and he growled as he trashed.

The footsteps reached the doorway.

Don’t look, said every instinct of his being. Tyvral looked.

Standing in the doorway was a black Twi’lek with a cybernetic right arm. Dev looked at Tyvral solemnly, “Don’t fight, Ty, it’s easier”.