Chapter 16

Mal’dar

    Mal’dar sat cleaning his blaster, trying not to think. Trying not to think about what his main employer was doing. He heard footsteps and looked up. Standing in front of him was his crew, even Marrish who generally didn’t give a damn.

    “What?” asked Mal’dar.

    “We want to stop the empire,” said Harvos.

    “No,” stated Mal’dar not looking at them, only at the blaster.

    The crew looked at each other stunned, “They can blow up a moon, wipe cities off the map and you're okay with that?” asked Ras a horrified look on her face.

    “No,” stated Mal’dar cleaning the blaster.

    “Then why won’t you fight them?” she asked the horrified look still on her face. “They could destroy your home, my home, all of our homes, and you don’t care”.

    “I do,” stated Mal’dar cleaning the blaster.

    “Then fight,” said Harvos.

    “No,” stated Mal’dar cleaning the blaster.

    “At least tell us why not?!” yelled Ras.

    Mal’dar shot to his feet throwing his blaster on the ground. He stood over Ras breathing heavily, “They didn’t kill my wife, they didn’t leave my daughter without a mother!” roared Mal’dar. “The Jedi did and they pay me to kill them,” snarled Mal’dar, “That is what I care about!” He looked over his crew, “Now get to your stations or get out”.

  They all stared at him numbly. 

“NOW!” roared Mal’dar and they scattered going back to their stations. Mal’dar walked over to Khura’s crib where she laid sleeping. Mal’dar stroked her cheek, “I’ll make them pay,” he whispered. He stood and looked at his crew who was watching him from their stations or as they were headed to them. “Find me Jedi”.