Chapter 18

Mal’dar

Mal’dar and Harvos walked towards the small hut, Mal’dar’s boots squelching slightly in the swampy ground. Mal’dar leveled his arm at the hut. Then he fired his wrist rocket. The wrist rocket shot through the air and slammed into the hut. A Nautilan Jedi leapt out, took one look at Mal’dar and Harvos, then took off running. Shots began to ring out through the swamp and Marrish shot at the Jedi from a tree. Mal’dar fired at the Jedi as well who desperately dodged their blast.

Mal’dar looked at Harvos, “Throw it!”

Harvos pulled a thick javelin from his back and threw it. It flew through the air and struck the ground a few feet away from the Jedi. Immediately a ray shield formed around it and the Jedi struck it while running. The Jedi stumbled back and looked at them. The Jedi activated his lightsaber.

Mal’dar drew his sword and walked towards her blaster and blade in hand. They examined each other, on the ray shield keeping them from coming to blows. Mal’dar spoke without looking away from the Jedi, “Turn it off, I’ll deal with it”.

Harvos pressed a button on his gauntlet and the ray shiel turned off. Mal’dar immediately attacked stabbing his sword at the Jedi. The Jedi leapt back and slashed at Mal’dar. Mal’dar swung his sword down at him. The Jedi swung his lightsaber at it expecting his lightsaber to slice through the sword. The beskar blade struck the lightsaber and it was nearly knocked from the Jedi’s grasp. The Jedi stumbled back and Mal’dar swung again.

The Jedi blocked it and their blades locked. Mal’dar instantly raised his blaster and fired. The blast struck the Jedi and went straight through their head. The Jedi fell to the ground lifeless and Mal’dar kicked the Jedi’s foot. “It’s dead,” he said emotionlessly.

Mal’dar and Marrish walked into the bounty office, the Jedi was slung over Mal’dar’s shoulder. He slung the Jedi onto the counter and slammed down the lightsaber. “Give me credits and any leads on any more them,” said Mal’dar.

The imperial clerk nodded numbly, “Says here this is your forth Jedi”.

“Four is dead, now where’s five,” said Mal’dar matter of factly.

The imperial clerk began typing on the computer when his holocommunicator began to beep, he answered it and a thin man appeared. The man spoke with a calm voice yet every word was chilling and felt like a threat, “Is the bounty hunter still there?”

The imperial clerk nodded numbly.

“Good,” said the man, “Send him to Coruscant, we’d like to speak to him”.

The clerk nodded and looked up to tell Mal’dar but he was already gone, after all, Grand Admiral Tarkin wasn’t a man you kept waiting.

Keep the theories coming they make me smile.