Chapter 24

They had resumed their planning on Mal’dar’s ship examining the constructed scan.

    “We need the plans,” said Kart examining the scan.

    Mal’dar shook his head, “That would be a suicide mission, we have to work with this”.

    “Could you get another scan,” asked Kart.

    “No, they knew as soon as we came out of hyperspace and they have sensors to tell if they’ve been scanned,” said Mal’dar.

    “Weren’t you listening?” snapped Ora, she continuously glared at Kart her hand by her lightsaber.

    Kart sighed, “Maybe we could do what General Skywalker did the Malovolence set the hyperdrive to crash into the planet”.

    “A hyperdrive on a spaceship?” scoffed a clone.

    “Blowing up moons,” said Kart.

    The clone acknowledged this with a grunt.

    “Besides it’d be pretty useless just to fry bugs with it,” said Kart.

    “We’d have to take over the, no I say we make a dash for the cooling system, blow it and get out, it’ll show up on a thermal scan to,” said Mal’dar.

    “They’ll have time to evacuate, we should take the bridge and crash it,” said Kart.

    “If we got a better scan then we could see if there was a weakness in it,” said Sarna.

    Mal’dar shook his head, “Imperial engineers would have been thorough with something this expensive”.

    “They’re smarter than you,” said Ora stubbornly looking at Kart.

    Tyvral glared at her but held his tongue, Kart would win her over if she had any sense. “Cooling system seems like the best way, it’s not about killing them it’s about getting rid of this thing,” he said.

    Kart sighed before nodding, then he leaned in, “Something this big will have a big cooling system, it’ll take time, and there may be more than one”.

    “I know you got ideas,” said Tyvral looking at Kart.

    “Does he?” scoffed Ora.

    Kart looked around the holotable at each of them, “Yeah, we need two teams, one to cause a distraction and search for a second cooling system. That team will get out of the ship as soon as we land and trash the hanger, gotta get rid of any cameras. Then we run through and blast anyone we see. The second comes out of the ship after a minute and heads to the cooling system, thermal scan should show where it is. Then they blast it, if we just turn it off they could turn it back on from the bridge”.

    Everyone looked around the table looking for anyone who would disagree. No one did. Even Ora who reluctantly nodded in agreement of the plan.

    “What about the fleet surrounding the damn thing?” asked Sarna.

    “We just have to get to it before they blast us,” shrugged Mal’dar, he looked around the table, “If anyone needs any gear let me know and I’ll buy it”.

    “Thermal dets?” asked Kart.

    Sarna burst out laughing, “I like this one”.

    Ora scowled.

    Tyvral winced at the mention of thermal detonators.

    “Everything we’ll need I can get within a week, then we launch,” said Mal’dar.