Not the same... - Origin Z

Mario's POV

At the misfit tower...

I'm at the misfit tower because I did a job for some people here, they're taking a while so I started looking around for them. And finally, after 10 minutes, I found them.

Mario: What's taking you all so long?

Austin: Oh... Well actually...

Seekah: We almost forgot, but, we actually made plans with your brother here. Bri and Colin went to go get him since he wasn't here at the time we planned.

Austin: Thanks for interrupting me. Sorry, Mario, we'll pay you when we finish this.

Just as he said that, the truck that Bri and Colin were parked right in front of us.

They got out of the truck, opened the back, and dragged out Bryan. I was shocked by this. He had a piece of cloth tied around his mouth, muffling his screams. He had a rope tying his hand and feet together, although it seemed like he almost broke free from the rope tying his hands. He calmed down after a while and I spoke up.

Mario: It's unusual for you to be late to meetings like these Bryan. In fact, you are usually early. Did something happen?

Mario said while looking straight at him. Although, Bryan denied to look at him and didn't say anything. Mario took notice of this and got a little worried. Sure, they weren't in the best of terms (not the same universe as "Missing" or the 24-hour challenge) but he wouldn't ignore him like this.

Mario: Bryan did something happen?

Bryan looked down and mumbled something. He seemed to had been intimidated by the stern tone Mario used.

Mario: Ugh... Sorry if I intimidated you. Could you speak louder?

Bryan was obviously hesitant. Mario hesitated to say something but decided that it would increase the chance that he'd talk.

Mario: Please...?

Mario said in a low, soft tone. Bryan looked shocked and seemed more comfortable than before, although rapidly put his guard back up. 

Bryan: Nothing happened... I just... I, uh- my mind was uh- busy...

Mario: With what?

Bryan: ...Work, I guess?

After years of living with him, Mario knew how or when to tell he was lying. This, this was one of those times it was clear to him that he was lying.

Mario: *sigh* Bryan... Tell me the truth, please.

Bryan: I-... I-I can't... Not now at least...

Mario understood, sure, he was still worried, although he knew that if Bryan was this stubborn to tell him, then that it was better to let him keep it to himself until he feels comfortable. Although worried that it may be something dangerous or really bad, he decided to be around Bryan the whole day. Bryan didn't try too much to defy his offer, after all, he didn't have other means of transportation. 

It was quiet for most of the time, so Mario thought making a bit of conversation would make the atmosphere lighter.

Mario's mind: I am making an exception, this is fine. I can't believe I'm actually being somewhat social... or something.

Mario: Hey, you alright?

Bryan: Y-yeah...

Mario was really worried, he had dropped his accent, meaning it was a pretty big deal, even in some dangerous situations, he kept the accent up. He looked like he hadn't slept and was not in a very good mood.