📚 Short Story 📚

Judge: -Navyah- kyracurious214

.*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

Book: When we fall apart
Cover and Title: 9/10
Blurb: 4/5
Opening Chapter: 4.5/5                                                          
Characterization: 7/10                                        
Plot: 8.5/10                                  
Conflict: 9/10                                             
Style and description: 10/10                                                                  
Mechanics: 13/15    
Grammar and Punctuation: 9/10
Enjoyment and Overall Impression: 15/15
Total points: 89/100

Review: The book will definitely leave you thinking the cause of falling apart. I liked the title of the book, the cover is authentic and the blurb is fine as well. As this is a one shot story so it’s catchy enough to be an opening chapter. Readers don’t get a proper sketch of the characters because of a few scenes plot. The story is interesting, it is realistic. Conflict is serious enough to compel the readers to go ahead and find answers. Fluctuations of flashbacks are properly written, flow is not disrupted anywhere. Good job, four stars to you. Keep writing.

.*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

Book: The Attack

Cover and Title: 10/10
Blurb: 5/5
Opening Chapter: 3/5                                                          
Characterization: 10/10                                        
Plot: 9/10                                  
Conflict: 10/10                                             
Style and description: 6/10                                                                  
Mechanics: 9/15    
Grammar and Punctuation: 9/10
Enjoyment and Overall Impression: 14/15
Total points: 85/100

Review: The plot is strong and real but the presentation diffuses the hard work and creativity of the author. I loved the cover, the title is wisely chosen and blurb is finely written. Protagonist is the only character here, thus the characteristics are well written. The conflict is definitely serious to develop interest. Don’t mention ‘Chapter number’ in between, it can be one-shots itself. I enjoyed the plot because this is something new. I’d suggest an editing to make it an afterglow of hardwork.

.*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

Book: Soulmate

Cover and Title: 8/10
Blurb: 4/5
Opening Chapter: 3/5                                                          
Characterization: 6.5/10                                        
Plot: 5/10                                  
Conflict: 6/10                                             
Style and description: 5/10                                                                  
Mechanics: 8/15    
Grammar and Punctuation: 6/10
Enjoyment and Overall Impression: 10/15
Total points: 61.5/100

Review: Cover is a professional and printable one but the title mismatches the plot. Opening chapter seems okay and readable but not captivating. Next chapter feels rushed and full of ups and downs in description thus disrupting the flow at almost every place. There are grammatical and punctuation errors. The plot lacks dialogues, it is neither a narrative story nor a documentary. The author should work on the presentation. Good luck, Keep writing.