Prologue: The Brother is Back

December 11th, 1960

Eddie was looking at herself in the full length mirror hanging on the door of her small bedroom. Wearing a simple short slip dress with a lace trim, the young woman was holding a men's white shirt on her left and her only black pencil skirt on her right. She was hesitant. It was an important day. He was coming back today. She wanted to look good. She gazed at her bed on her right. The sight of her nude pantyhose made her groan. She couldn't explain how much she despised this type of garment, but she sighed, saying to herself she had no other choice. Her aunt wanted her to look like a presentable young lady.

''Eddie! What are you doing? He'll be here soon! Get downstairs.'' Yelled her aunt from the living room

''Yes, I'm coming!''

Trying to speed her pace dressing up, Eddie stumbled trying to pull her tight skirt up and fell backwards on her brother's bed. It was so close to hers, at the opposite corner of the bedroom, restricting her to do wide movement. She jumped of the bed, tucking her shirt in her skirt, emphasizing her hourglass figure.

Before leaving the bedroom, she closely looked at her curled auburn hair and her small cat eye liner. Everything was perfect. She quit her room and ran down the stairs, not containing her excitement. She met her aunt in the living room. The middle aged woman was calmly reading a magazine while listening to some Jazz on the radio.

''So?'' Asked Eddie in a high pitched excited voice, spinning around to show her outfit.

The woman laid her magazine on her knees and lowered her glasses down to the tip of her nose to look at her niece closely from head to toe.

"Lovely!'' She exclaimed, genuinely surprised. ''Thank god you are not wearing those awful slacks!''

Eddie crossed her arms, smiling. She heard this reproach too many times for it to bother her anymore.

''Well, if you tried wearing them even once, Mimi, you wouldn't say this anymore."

The woman sighed, putting back her glasses on. At the very same time, they heard a knock on the door.

"This has to be him!" Screamed the wide eyed Eddie, hurrying to the front door of the small row house

She quickly opened the door to reveal her older brother wearing his leather jacket and black jeans, holding a suitcase in one hand and his guitar case in the other.

"JOHN!" Eddie Squealed, jumping in his arms.

"Woah! Watch out sis'. The guitar..." Giggled John, dropping his suitcase to the floor so he could hold his little sister.

"Oh, sod off! It's less important than hugging your dear sister you haven't seen in four months." Replied Eddie, still hugging John tightly.

"Well...I hate to break it to you, Eddie, but..." Joked the man stroking his sister's hair.

"Knobhead!" Eddie interrupted him, giggling and pushing him away.

"Victoria Edwidge Lennon! Language! Firmly rebuked Mimi, standing in the living room doorway.

The two sibling ignored their aunt's reprimand and smiled at each other.

"Is it me or you grew up?" Asked John, looking at Eddie.

"Missing only two inches to be as tall as you!" Exclaimed Eddie

John put his guitar down, closed the door behind him before hugging Mimi affectionately. She greeted him with with a warm welcome back.

"So? How was Germany? Were the people nice or strange? Did you make a lot of money there? How much?" Smiled Eddie, following her aunt and brother to the dining room where the table was neatly set.

"Give him time to settle down for god's sake! Also, speaking of money is not classy! John, you must be starving." Assumed Mimi, pulling back a chair for her nephew to sit down on.

"Actually, I am, Mimi...and Eddie, will you ever give me my white button down back?"

Eddie shook her head, smiling. She lovingly looked at her brother picking up a bread roll and immediately biting in it. She was floating on air. Her brother was finally back.

__________

Here is the Prologue! Hope you Like it!

I am french Canadian (Please don't hate on me!) This whole quarantine has put me in the mood to write again (What I haven't done in more than 4 years.) I do it purely for fun and to practice writing in English even more. I have tons of ideas for this fan fiction. Can't wait to see what it will become !