[1] *Edited*

It was a quiet night in the Clover Kingdom. The darkness engulfed the bedrooms of the people. Gusts of wind, cold to the touch, grazed every surface it could. The gentle breeze collided with the trees, houses, and ocean, creating a soft whistling sound. It was indeed a peaceful night.

Hours had gone by within the night, with no noticeable disturbance. In the Clover Castle, there was a meeting being held, despite the Kingdome being at rest. The Wizard King, Julius Novachrono, along with his brother, Joules Novachrono, sat in a spacious room.

"What of my wife, brother? I cannot simply leave her be as she bears my child. She is expected to soon give light and I do not wish to miss my firstborn's arrival." Joules was not fond of the idea of going on a mission and leaving his dear beloved wife, Constanza.

"Joules," the Wizard King inquired. "I understand your circumstance. Although this mission isn't one of the utmost priority, it must still be completed."

At his brother's words, Joules was somewhat distraught. He had not expected his beloved elder brother to say such things. He had at least hoped that Julius would pardon him and call upon another qualified knight. Joules kept his gaze fixated on his clenched fists that were resting on his knees. His brows slightly furrowed, unsatisfied with what was uttered.

After a brief pause, Julius continued, "I understand your frustration. That is why I would like for you to recommend someone trustworthy to go in your place."

Joules was once again left in a state of shock. He mentally scolded himself for thinking ill of his brother. 'How could I think such repulsive things? And of Julius too! How shameful I truly am,' he thought. "Of course, brother. I will request the presence of my most loyal and trusted knight; one that would gladly give their life for the kingdom."

Julius gave a small smile to Joules, reassuring him that as long as this knight showed strength and devotion, they would do just fine. "I'm glad to hear that you've accepted my proposal. However, this mission should not be one of severe risk, so no bloodshed shall partake in the duration of it." Julius gave a dry chuckle, knowing that his younger brother still had the same passion as before.

"O-oh, of course, brother!" Joules stuttered from embarrassment, leaving Julius to once again smile in amusement. 'How interesting you are, Joules,' Julius thought.

"On the matter of your wife, Constanza, how is she? It has been a while since I've last spoken to her. I do wish I wasn't so busy all the time." Julius' smile slightly faltered in regret for being distant from his remaining family.

"Constanza is doing just fine. I must say that she has been getting quite on edge as the days grow closer to her due date. It is to be expected, of course." Excitement and anticipation were written on Joules' face, as he longed to see his beloved firstborn.

Content with what he heard, Julius teased Joules, "You are smitten by her, aren't you, Joules?"

Immediately coming to his wife's defense, Joules swiftly stood up from his seat, "I am appalled by your words, brother! How could I not be enamored with Constanza? Her very being is proof that angels roam the Earth! She chose me out of all the other fools! Who am I to defy the divine?" Julius laughted at his brother's antics. The poor fool was wrapped around Constanza's finger. "Might I add, brother, that you have yet to produce an heir to your throne?"

Astonished by Joules' boldness, Julius burst into a small fit of laughter that echoed throughout the spacious room. Gaining his composure, Julius returned his attention to meet Joules' piercing, blue eyes. "You know, Joules, the reason I still havent's turned up with an heir is because," a stern tone took over Julius' normally relaxed one. "My lover cannot be courted."

Joules was speechless. Never in a million years did he ever expect to see Julius in such a state. 'Who is the one making my brother this way,' he thought. 'Julius, do  not tell you have made the grace mistake of falling for someone bound to marriage,' Joules' face was sullen, hoping his brother was not someone so reckless. "What do you mean by this, Julius?"

Julius stared at Joules for a moment before his eyes sparkled. "Oh, my foolish younger brother! I am afraid my love for magic is far too great to be replaced or deterred. Just think about all the different types of magic that I have yet to set my eyes upon! Doesn't that just excite you, Joules?" Julius was now rambling on about his deep passion and fascination with magic.

'I should have known better. Julius is far too devoted to his duties to ever look at another person.  Dear brother, why must you be so hopeless?' Joules sighed at Julius' childish behavior. "Brother, I believe we should go rest. You must remain in top shape for the sake of the Kingdom. I'm afraid you don't have the luxury of taking days off."

"Shall we get going then," Julius questioned Joules who simply nodded.

<>     <>     <>     <>     <>

A few days later, it was at the break of dawn when Joules had been woken up by his panicked wife, Constanza. "Joules, wake up! The baby's coming!" Constanza shouted to her husband who was sleeping next to her.

Immediately waking up to his wife's call, Joules instructed the castle servants to get the doctor for his beloved.

Upon the arrival of the medics, Constanza had let out a pained scream, alerting everyone around of the baby's long-awaited entrance. "Alright, Mrs. Novachrono, I need you to remain calm and focus on your breathing." The doctor's soothing voice helped to subdue the tension of the room.

After what had felt like hours, the beautiful baby of Joles and Constanza Novachrono was finally born. Joules had felt a wave of relief to see that both his beloved wife and newborn daughter were alive and well.

Constanza held her newborn in her arms cradling her as Joules stood beside her with a look of adoration for his child. "She's bearutiful isn't she?" Consstanza gestured to the blond, blue-eyed male next to her.

Joules turned his attention from his daughter to his wife. "She's got her mother's looks," Joules gave Constanza a gentle smile.

"What shall we name her?" Constanza asked while consoling the now crying infant. She glanced over to Joules, "Is there any name in particular that caught your attention?"

Joules pondered for a moment with his right had propping up his chin. Having thought of a name for his beautiful daughter, Joles spoke up, "How about we name her Iris Soleil Novachrono?"

Constanza's smile grew wide at the mention of what her daughter would be called. "I think it suits her well." She glanced back down to her sleeping angel, 'I hope the world is ready for you, Sun.'

And so, on the first day of winter, December 21st, Iris Soleil Novachrono was born. On that day, the Clover Castle was surrounded by joyous chatter with unrestrained laughter. It was as though the castle was reborn once Iris was. Without a doubt, Iris would live an interesting life.

~     ~     ~     ~     ~

This is the first time I write a fanfic so I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Currently, I'm just going with the flow. I can't wait to actually get into the good parts of the story. 

My current plans don't include any romance. This will purely follow action and whatever romance is already included in the anime. Anything further will not occur(read description for further details).

Also, I am not too familiar with Julius' background. I don't know if the manga has any mentions of it, but I decided to put a little twist. The ending has already been planned(and written), and I cannot wait to get there.

Thank you for checking it out!! I really appreciate any comments or suggestions that will help with the production of this story.

-B. S.