[6]

It had been three weeks since Iris had joined the Black Bulls. She had gone on a total of two missions. They weren't anything grand or difficult. They were both based on helping around small villages and towns.

Currently, Iris was getting ready to go on another mission. This time, she would be capturing some bandits that have been robbing and assaulting people; she would be accompanied by her Captain. They would be going to a village close to the Forsaken Realm.

Iris made her way to the outside of the base where her captain stood alongside Finral. "Hey, Captain~!" she cheerily said. She hadn't noticed the deadly glare she was receiving until it was too late.

"Hey, brat, ya think it's okay to make me wait, huh? I should kill you for that." Yami grabbed the top of Iris' head, crushing it slightly.

"Waah! No! I'm sorry, Captain!" Iris waved her arms around frantically with fake tears running down her face.

"Tch. Finral, let's get going." He dropped Iris from his grip. She landed on her bottom, letting a small 'ouch' escape her, as she massaged her head to relieve the pain.

Finral did as he was told and opened up a portal to their destination. As soon as Iris saw Finral's magic, she quickly stood up, her eyes sparkling. "Senpai! Your magic is still so cool!" she gushed.

Iris was practically shining as she admired the spatial-magic user. Finral couldn't help but grow slightly red at his juniors' compliments. "T-thanks," he muttered.

They all made their way through the portal and found themselves at the center of a village. It was slightly more well kept in comparison to villages who were out in the boonies.

Iris took her time in absorbing her surroundings. 'Wow! Everything is so different from the capital. Would the Captain let me leave to go explore?' she questioned.

"Kid, just like your previous missions, we're only here to spectate. You gotta do this on your own." Yami turned to face Iris. "Well? How are you gonna catch the thieves?"

Iris snapped out of her daze and shifted her awareness to Yami's words. She thought for a moment before speaking, "I think we should ask around. If we get the general area of where the crime has been taking place, then it'll make the job easier, right?"

Yami grinned, "What are ya waiting for?" he taunted.

Iris saluted before running off to go and find some villagers to harass. Yami and Finral didn't move from their spot. Just when Finral was about to go and flirt with whoever he could find, Yami gripped the back of his cloak. "Just where do ya think you're going, huh?" He glared.

"B-but Yami, sir, you don't need me! Besides, you're the one who is supposed to watch her," Finral had tears running down his face. 'Why do I have to be tortured too? Isn't one of us enough?'

"If I gotta take time outta my day to come and babysit you brats, the least you can do is make my job easier by staying put."

Before Finral could be killed by Yami, Iris returned waving her teammates over. "Captain, Finral! I got some intel!" She ran up to meet them. "The villagers said that the majority of the time the people are robbed is on a path called 'Heavens Road'. Apparently, people tend to use this path because it's convenient and because of the name. They think it's gonna provide safe passage."

"Let's get going then. The sooner we get this done, the sooner I get to take a dump," Yami stated.

The three mages made their way onto the dirt road. As they grew nearer, the sight in front of them caused all of their eyes to widen. An elderly couple appeared to have been traveling through the track when they were jumped by a group of three men.