[15]

Iris looked around at the mess that she had made. She had to admit that she had outdone herself this time. The once healthy, green terrain was now burnt to ashes. Any sign of life was gone, leaving the land barren. The sky showed no sign of any mishaps, staying the vibrant blue that it was when the sun rose. Though it wasn't something that she should boast about, she felt a sense of pride emitting from her. It had certainly been a slight improvement from her previous attempts, even if the approach was rather unique.

This scene felt nostalgic for her, even if it shouldn't have been. It wasn't long ago when she had gone off on a solo mission and also happened to accidentally set a whole forest on fire. Iris chuckled to herself nervously, her mind wandering off to how her captain chewed her out. Just thinking about how Yami almost crushed her skull made her shudder. 'I need to fix this before I start to plan my own funeral,' she thought, sweat dripping down her forehead.

She took one final look, sighing as she would once again exert herself. "I did this to myself," she muttered, repeating those words several times. She was trying to convince herself that it was for the best to keep the situation to herself. After all, she wouldn't want the Captain to find out.

She opened her grimoire, flipping several pages until it landed on a particular page in the nature section of her grimoire. She hesitantly looked at it pondering for just a moment before flipping through more of her spells. Iris had been trying to avoid using that spell for a while. The last time she used it wasn't the best experience.

She remembered that day like it was yesterday, even though it had taken place no longer than a month ago. On that particular day, she was feeling especially risky as she stood outside the base. She was patiently digesting the spells that were written on her grimoire. She wanted to familiarize herself with every single letter written inside to use it as effectively as possible.

Through her thorough readings, her focus was captured by a spell that seemed somewhat unique. It had looked to be written in a riddle, one that she was wanting to solve. It appeared to be asking about what was needed to cast the spell. 'Magic is needed, duh,' Iris answered in her head, confused as to why the answer was so obvious.

"Why don't we test this out?" She asked no one in particular, as everyone else was inside the base minding their own business.

As soon as Iris stuck her hand out and poured a bit of her magic, Luck immediately made his presence known. He raced in front of her, getting close to her face as he tends to do often. "Hey, Iris, do you think we could fight?" Luck's usual smile shone brightly, eager to fight anything and everything he saw move.

Iris moved back slightly, surprised that the lightning user had appeared so quick with the smallest amount of magic she had released. Iris' face heated up the slightest bit, turning a light pink hue as she was wondering if Luck had heard her talking to herself. "Eh?" She asked, confused as to why he was asking her to fight when Magna was his usual sparring buddy.

"Let's fight," Luck repeated, small sparks of his lightning magic escaping him and crackling through the air. Being the battle freak he was, he didn't care who he fought, as long as they were strong. This time, his target would be Iris.

Iris blinked, taking her time to process if she had heard her companion right. 'He wants to fight me?' His words were all but clear to her. They had never once fought, so it seemed sorta strange to her. Sure he had asked her before, but that was only one time when she had barely joined. "Is Magna not around?" She asked.

Luck chuckled lightly, remembering where he left the fire user. "I already fought him and won." He lightly laughed at his mischief after thinking about the thrill he felt destroying Magna's room during their little 'spar'.