[9]

Iris had decided that she wanted to prolong her death as much as possible, so she had stayed an extra day in the castle. She was now on her way back to the Black Bulls base, traveling on foot for the majority of the time and taking a few breaks here and there. She wanted to enjoy the scenery before her. 'It's a nice break from the Capital,' she thought.

Just as she was arriving at her destination, she felt a surge of magic. At first, she didn't know what to make of it. 'Who could it be? I'm sure it's not from anyone I've met before,' she grew worried and afraid of what might be happening. She continued walking, a frown making its way onto her face.

Without dwelling too much on the topic, she continued her peaceful walk. 'They can handle whatever that is themselves.' She laughed evilly to herself, thinking of a beat-up Magna and Luck. 'Oh my god, my sadistic side is showing!' She quickly erased any bad thought that was etching its way onto her mind.

Back at the Black Bulls' base, they had all also felt the intense magic. Luck felt a spark and quickly made his way to the source with everyone else following in suit. He chuckled to himself, wanting to fight whoever was attached to the other side of the magic. Everyone went outside, making their way to the source.

To their surprise, there was a person trapped within their own magic. A female with white hair and lavender eyes desperately tried gasping for air, only to be rejected by her water magic. From that same prison, magic shot out, hitting its surroundings.

Yami stood in front of the base, contemplating what was happening in front of him. 'If only a runt with magic canceling abilities were here,' he thought. He took a puff of his cigarette, slightly annoyed.

Blasts of water were getting closer to where the group stood, creating muddy craters. Seemingly out of nowhere, Asta came crashing towards the group with Yami catching him. "Good timing. Go take care of that."

Asta was squirming in Yami's grasp, saying that he couldn't do anything because he didn't have magic. Yami had an evil look in his eye, grinning like a madman. He looked at Asta and then at the blue sphere, a plan forming in his mind. Before Asta could react, he was launched into the air by Yami.

At the same time that Asta was thrown, Iris arrived at where the group was standing. She ended up seeing the look on Yami's face, shivering at her ruthless captain. 'Geez, Captain Yami sure doesn't hold back, does he?' She sweatdropped at her Captain's actions.

She walked to stand beside the crowd, watching the events transpire. Asta reached close to where the water capsule was, stopping his incessant screaming. Reacting quickly, he took out his anti-magic sword, slashing the water in half.

Iris watched in amusement, curious about the logistics of what the ash haired boy had done. A creepy and out of character smile stretched across her face. It was eerily familiar to a certain lightning user, the resemblance uncanny. 'Is this some form of cancellation magic? No, that's not it. I don't sense a drop of magic off of him.' Iris had tried deducing what she witnessed, failing after several tries, she grew even more curious. 'If it's not magic, what is it?'

Water dispersed everywhere, soaking the Black Bulls. They all had yet to take notice of their returning member. Finral was busy trying to catch Asta and the Silva royal from splattering onto the floor. That captured everyone's attention, including Iris'.

Iris gazed at the spatial magic. She had always been fascinated by it ever since the first time she had laid her eyes upon it. She acknowledged its flexibility and versatility. Frankly, she found it to be a beautiful form of magic. "Wow, Finral is as amazing as always," she whispered, standing beside Yami.