[14] FIXED VERSION

I didn't notice that I had published this part as '[15]' instead of the correct one. Not only that but I also published the wrong version. The one that was uploaded was an unedited version with several chunks missing. Mistakes were made but at least I noticed them.  This just made me realize that I need to fix my schedule ;((

Sorry for the inconvenience. Here's the correct version. 

~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Asta, Noelle, Magna, and Iris had returned from their mission with a tense aura surrounding them. They all stood before Yami, discussing the details of what they had encountered. Unlike the others, Iris was more disappointed in herself, thinking she was incompetent and unworthy to carry her title. Of course, she was displeased with how the mission went, not enjoying the price that was paid. 'I could have prevented more than I did,' she thought, bitter about her performance. She didn't allow her inner thoughts to show, keeping a neutral face.

"It sounds like you guys were put through hell!" Yami burst out laughing after he had been informed of their mission. Despite knowing that someone he often frequented died, he didn't let that ruin his mood.

"But sir, someone died. I don't think that this is a laughing matter." Asta chimed in, appearing disturbed by his captain's lack of sympathy.

Yami stopped laughing and looked at the four that stood before him. He held his cigarette in his left hand, something he did all too often. "Being sad about it isn't going to bring the old man back, is it?"

Magna, being the person he is, didn't refute what his beloved captain said. Instead, he agreed wholeheartedly, knowing all too well that nothing would come if they were all gloomy. "We should all be happily rejoicing! It's what Old Man Seihi would have wanted!" Magna turned to look at Atsa, Noelle, and Iris. He began laughing a peal of forced laughter.

The three then followed in suit, trying their best to brighten up the room. 'Captain Yami and Magna are right. What good would come of us moping around?' Iris tried her best to show that she wasn't affected by any of the events. Her laughter came across as more genuine when her thoughts drifted to her family.

After the other members gathered around in the lounge area with them, it immediately became rowdy. Fights and arguments broke out simultaneously. Iris still wasn't in the best of moods, despite being around such a lively squad, so she avoided all the commotion as best as she could. Yami grew tired of his underlings breaking everything and scared them by also breaking down a couple of walls of the base. 'That's counterproductive,' Iris thought, smiling nervously at her captain's actions.

"Quit fooling around, you brats. Because of your actions, the Wizard King acknowledged you all and gave us a star to show that." Yami held up a gold star, proud of his newbies.

Since Asta didn't know what a gold star was, he voiced out his questions. Iris smiled softly, remembering how she was also the same when she first joined. Finral gave a thorough explanation of what those gold stars were as well as who was in the lead. This gave Asta motivation to put in more effort into gaining the lead, even if his squad was dead last.

"Alright, you brats, there's more good news. Here's your pay for the month." Yami put his hands on his waist after handing out everyone's pay. "Tomorrow you'll have the day off, so go on and do whatever." With that, Yami left the base as all of the members bowed to him, expressing their gratitude and respect for him.

Iris looked at the pouch filled with coins. Even if she was a royal, her parents never allowed her to spend much money. They had wanted her to live as normal as possible by giving her a reasonable allowance. Every time she received such an allowance from her job, she wasn't sure what she wanted to do with it. In the duration of the six months that she spent there, all she would do was save up money in hopes that she could later decide on what she wanted to spend it on.