[11]

Yami and Magna walked through the doors of the base with barely any clothes on. Their privates were exposed for all to see while their robe hung loosely on their shoulders. They approached Atsa and Noelle who had been feeding Yami's pets. Both Yami and Magna laughed at their gambling loss.

Noelle's face flushed pink upon seeing their exposed skin. 'How inappropriate,' she thought, covering her mouth and turning away. Asta had a look of shock. He questioned out loud if they had finished their mission.

"Hey, you two should be happy you're going on your first mission," Magna said as he reached where Noelle and Asta stood. Yami was still laughing beside him. Hearing this, Noelle and Asta displayed their surprise. The moment that Noelle looked back at Magna and Yami, her face flushing once again, as she quickly turned away. 'How shameless,' she thought.

The four of them soon found themselves in a different room in the base. Yami sat on a curved, scale-like couch with Magna beside him to his right. Asta and Noelle stood in front of them, side by side. A praline-colored table was the only thing that separated them.

"So, you'll be going on your first mission as Magic Knights," Magna began. Asta and Noelle questioned what kind of mission it would be, with one of them wanting it to be one fit for a royal.

"You'll be hunting wild boars in Saussy Village!" he exclaimed, his hands resting on his hips with his chest out. Noelle stated that it was a lame mission and Asta commented saying he would be able to defeat the wild boars with his bare hands. Both of them received a scolding by Magna, saying that they should take it seriously.

The three of them bickered for a bit, being excessively loud as usual. Before the situation could escalate any further, Iris walked into the room, not realizing the grave mistake she made. All she had wanted was to get a drink of water. That task seemed impossible. Considering that the base was forever changing, it always took a bit of time for her to find the right room. Right when Yami saw her, a lightbulb turned on in his head. An evil glint appeared in his eye for a split second. He raised his hand to his cigarette, blowing out a puff of the cancer stick.

"Hey, Kid, you'll join them as well." His demanding tone didn't give room for argument--not that she would, or could, ever dare to refuse an order from Yami.

Iris had a look of confusion on her face. She had no prior knowledge or context of what they had been discussing, so she was rather lost in what she'd be joining them in. "Eh?" she whispered out, though it came out louder than that.

Yami understanding that she had no idea what was going on spoke up. "You don't have a choice in the matter, got that?" He gave her his usual death glare, causing her to shudder. 'I don't even know what I'm tagging along for. He could have let me know in a better manner though,' she thought.

Asta, being the curious idiot that he is, rose his hand in the air. "Question! This has nothing to do with us, right?" By this point, Noelle chimed in to give her two cents as well. "Yeah, that's right! You two are the ones that lost, so it only makes sense that..."

Before Noelle could finish her statement, Magna's voice boomed. "What are you guys, Idiots? You really expect Mister Yami to clean up for his own mistakes?! That's absurd!" Iris slightly paled. 'Do they not consider their words before speaking?'

Asta and Noelle both thought the same thing upon hearing Magna's words. 'Normally, when someone messes up, you'd expect them to fix it themselves, right?' Looking at the faces that they were both making, Iris knew what they had been thinking. 'Again, they're expecting too much from the Captain,' Iris thought.

Sure, Yami was impressive and like everyone, he was human. As such, he was terribly flawed. Whether those flaws were good or bad was subjective.

"We're the ones who are in charge of cleaning up after Mister Yami's mistakes!" Magna continued, paying no mind to the strange looks he was receiving from the two in front of him. 'He's not giving himself and Yami any redeeming qualities right now,' Iris thought. She had tried refraining from laughter as best she could.