[3]

After years of training and waiting, Iris had finally turned fifteen and was on her way to receive her grimoire. She was alongside a servant of the castle named Walter.

"Lady Iris, we must hurry if we want to make it to the grimoire acceptance ceremony in time." Walter was trying his best to get Iris to cooperate.

"I suppose you're right. I wouldn't want to deal with my angry parents if I were to miss this." At the thought of receiving punishment, Iris practically dashed to the ceremony.

'What will we do with this girl, Master? She is far too reckless and seems to not show much interest in doing much of anything,' Walter thought.

Iris turned around to get the attention of Walter, "C'mon Walter! You were the one who was rushing me a couple of seconds ago. You can't be falling behind now." She waved him over with a cheerful aura.

"R-right. Let's continue then." Walter was an aged man, near his late sixties. His hair was slick and combed back and was now fully white. He had worked his whole life tending to the royal family and had an unwavering loyalty for the kingdom and its rulers.

Iris now had a look of delight. Normally, Iris would show indifference or boredom. This happened fairly often due to her wanting to be kept on her feet--along with her short attention span. Walter had taken notice of this, "Lady Iris, may I ask what the reason for your newfound enthusiasm is?"

Iris stopped walking and put her hands on her hips, turning to face Walter with a grin. "Well, you see Walter, we're practically having an adventure right now, aren't we? We're on the journey to obtain a grimoire! " Iris' light green eyes sparkled as she mentioned her passion: adventure. She continued, "Think about it! There are many things that we'll be able to see."

Walter sighed at the young royal, "You are indeed your uncle's niece," he muttered.

They had arrived at the grimoire tower, leaving Iris in awe at the many different books that were stored there. Without turning to face Walter she spoke, "Walter, which one do you think I will get? I hope I get one that's of good use to me. I wanna be able to use it in any place I travel to!"

"I'm sure your grimoire will suit you well, Lady Iris," Walter chimed in, visibly tired from their trip. He had not been fond of escorting Iris without any outside help. He always had trouble keeping her from trouble or from wandering off.

Soon, it was time for the grimoires to go to their rightful owners. Several of them were flying all around, creating a beautiful display. Many had stayed floating in the air, eyeing the room to find its owner.

One by one, the grimoires were flying to their rightful holder. There was a vast variety; it was to be expected from a place flooded with nobles. The different grimoires didn't give much chance for others to stand out.

"Wow! Do you see that Walter? Everyone's grimoire seems so cool! I wonder what type of magic they use... I think Uncle Julius would be ecstatic to see this," Iris had been distracted by the vast differences in the grimoires; she was busy consuming information about everyone. At this moment, Iris resembled her uncle, Julius, more than both her parents.

As if on cue, a grimoire appeared right in front of her. The grimoire was the most unique one of the bunch. It had splashes of four different colors: blue, grey, red, and brown. The contrasting colors clashed on, what was assumed to be, the white base of the book. The aura that encased the book was also the same colors as the grimoire. Each color battled against one another for dominance. It was truly a sight to see.

Others around had now been captured by its beauty. Words like, "wow do you see that girl's grimoire? It's crazy!" and "is that a four-leaf clover? The one in the legends?" Everyone was astonished by the crazy collision of colors that were surrounding the grimoire.