[4]

Iris had asked some servants of the castle for her parent's whereabouts. She had been informed of a small conference between them and her uncle, Julius. She was now on her way to show them her recently acquired grimoire.

Reaching the office of the Wizard King, Iris was respectful enough to knock before slowly opening the door. She saw her family members laughing together. Everyone had seemed to be in a good mood and she hoped that she wouldn't be the one to ruin that.

"Mother, Father, Uncle, I've returned from the grimoire acceptance ceremony," She greeted them, respectfully acknowledging their status.

"Ah, Iris! We're glad that you've made it home safely. Join us, we were just having a casual discussion," Julius spoke up first before her parents could. He motioned for her to sit on an empty seat beside her mother.

Iris made her way over to the empty space. Before she could say anything else, her mother beat her to it, "Iris would you care to show us your grimoire? We've been quite anxious, anticipating which one you would receive."

"Of course, mother." Iris pulled out the thick book from her pouch and handed it to her. "I was honestly kinda embarrassed that I got this one. Everyone else got one that was more normal and I ended up with this." Iris didn't seem to grasp the rarity of the one she had been granted. Indeed, she was once again oblivious to anything that was of importance.

Everyone in the room -except for Iris- had a look of bewilderment and amazement. Julius was the only one of the bunch to have a more intense reaction to seeing the grimoire.

"I-iris! Do you know what grimoire this is?" Joules was somewhat perplexed as to why she wasn't having as big of a reaction as he had been having.

Iris brought her index finger to her chin, "Well, it's the four-leaf clover, right?" Iris didn't seem to be bothered by the uniqueness of the book.

"W-well, yes it is..." Joules didn't exactly know what to say. He was at a loss for words. He knew that Iris was indeed strong and he had been expecting for her to receive a great grimoire. 'Never in a million years did I expect her to get something this special!' he thought.

"Wow! That's so cool! Do you mind if I take a look at it? I can't believe I'm seeing a four-leaf grimoire! I never thought that I would get to see one in my whole life," Julius' eyes gleamed and sparkled brighter than the sun at the sight of the strange-looking book.

Iris handed Julius her grimoire, slightly sweat-dropping at his reaction. Constanza kept examining her daughter, 'it makes sense that this grimoire chose her. She had shown the capabilities for greatness from a young age. Still, I can't help but feel slightly worried for her,' she thought.

While the two males were gawking at the grimoire, Constanza was having an internal battle with herself. She had been questioning if she should push Iris even more or if she should let her be. 'Should I let her find her path, or should I promote her to reach greater heights?' she questioned.

She did not doubt that Iris would create a name for herself, but the problem right now was if Constanza should encourage one thing over the other. Cutting through the excitement of the ones around her, Constanza turned to Iris, "is there anything that you have planned for your future? Surely, now that you've seen your grimoire, you would be thinking of new goals that you could achieve?"

Iris looked to be taken aback by her mother's question. After all, she hadn't thought about what she wanted to do. Maybe she could be a trader that traveled across the kingdom? Or maybe a simple traveler that climbed the greatest mountains? She could be anything, but what was the question. "I'm not sure what I wanna do. I'd like it to be something that doesn't waste my potential, but still, I'm not certain on what would be good for me," she answered, sincerely confused about what to accomplish.