Chapter 79: Guardian Angel

Izuku: Please Kei... I need you.
Keigo: I'm on my way.

From the moment he received Izuku's message, Takami was moving.
He knew what was going on at the training camp, just like the others, his agency had gotten the call, and had sent a few pros specialised in capture and healing in aid. But now he rose from his chair, leapt on to the sill of the customised circular window in his office, pulled it open, and launched himself out into the night.

He flew at full speed, out across the glowing city, the dim suburbs and further, over farm land, then the mountains, and on over the forest to the distant purple glow. As he got closer he saw it wasn't purple but the blue and red of police patrol cars. His heart stuttered, and he dived downward, crashing into a tent in his panic, before standing and searching the confused and panicked faces for emerald eyes.

"KEI!"
The voice was raw and filled with mixed relief and desperation.

He turned, and was overwhelmed with relief to see Izuku physically unharmed, though he knew well there were far worse things than physical injury. He raced forward, meeting the teen halfway, and pulling him into a hug.
"What do you need?" He murmured softly into the mass of green curls.
"To get away from here..?"
"I can do that." He said softly, and looking over he caught sight of Eraserhead watching him. Well that was a conversation he was fucking dreading.
Perhaps he should compose a will.

He cocked his head, and Eraserhead nodded slightly in permission.
"Then let's go, huh kitten?" He said softly, and at the greenette's nod, muttered, "hold tight!" And launched them both into the air.

Izuku did hold onto him tightly at first, then, as they got further and further away from the camp, his grip eased, and he pushed himself out of the blond's hold.

Takami panicked until he saw those emerald wings so like his own expanding into existence, and he watched, at first, as Izuku flew beside him.
The greenette was still full of tension and anger. His wing beats were forceful and irregular with little of the grace Hawks was accustomed to seeing in Izuku's flying style.
His lips thinned and he resolved to do something about that.

Dipping downward, he curved his wing tips to do a perfect loop the loop, then raised his eyebrows looking up at Izuku, soaring dully now five or so metres above him.
"Come on!"
The greenette shook his head, brows still knitted as his mind refused to let go of whatever held him prisoner.

Takami sighed, and rose upward, spinning around the teen teasingly, before flying beneath him on his back so they were face to face and raising his hands to intertwine their fingers. He increased his speed and pulled Izuku with him, dipping downward and then rising up, before spinning them, and finally earning a giggle from Izuku.

"I thought I'd be the only angel here." He whispered softly.
He gazed into those swirling green eyes, and Izuku sniffled. 
"How many people have you used that pick up line on?" He said, voice hoarse and a little shakey, but giving him a wobbly smile.

"None that dared call me on it." The hero grinned and taking his hand from Izuku's own, he gently cupped the other's cheek, wiping away the new tear forming there. "Dance?" He asked softly.
Izuku shook his head a little, took a deep breath of the cool air racing past them, and grinned brightly, "How could I refuse?"

Takami launched them upward, hand moving to support Izuku's waist as they flew up above the clouds, and danced an aerial waltz beneath the moon.

———

"Kei..." Izuku spoke softly.

It was 3:00am and they were sat on the roof of a large theatre, eating takeaway chicken wings.
Keigo looked up from his eighth wing, at the shift in Izuku's tone. Since their silly dance in the clouds, Izuku had been normal, forced normal, but normal. But his voice had shifted lower rougher again.