Chapter 145: Bonds and Binds

It's pre-exam time,
I should revise and review,
But I've loads of work to avoid.
And avoiding work to do.
Another year over,
Self disappointment grows,
At least my fanfics are successful,
That's something I suppose.

(I'm okay, I promise. My grades though...)

———

Izuku came back in a hoodie and jeans, make up gone, and seemingly with it, his energy. He smiled wanly at Shinsou and blushed a little under everyones' praise, but for what ever reason the light in his eyes had dulled.

He went over to where Shoto was sat, and it only took him calling the other boy's name to bring him back. The bicoloured teen gazed at him with worshipful eyes.
"Marry me, Aizawa Izuku."
Hitoshi choked.
The greenette yawned, "ask me tomorrow, I'm too tired to think."
"Okay." Replied Shoto unperturbed, whilst Hitoshi stared back and forth between the two in complete shock.

Shoto got up, asking as he adjusted his tie, "want a piggy back home, Zu?"
The greenette blinked up at him, stifling another yawn. "If I won't be a bother..."
"Not at all."
Shoto crouched and Izuku climbed on his back, settling with, by now, practised ease.
"Thanks Sho."
The taller teen stood back up, appearing unaffected by the additional weight and made his way out the club past the now approving sex workers, class in tow.

Shinsou hung back, still in shock as he processed the sheer absurdity of the relationship he'd gotten himself into. One look at Bakugou however, snapped him out of it sharpish.
"What did you do?" He asked as calmly as possible, falling into step with the blond as they made their way down the street.
Ruby red eyes met his own sharp and defensive. "My best. That's what I did, mind fuck."
"Abstinence is heroic." Said Shinsou dryly, "but has it ever occurred to you that you are causing him more pain this way?"
The blond growled, but Shinsou did not have enough fucks left to continue that conversation, so he walked ahead to join Jirou and Tokoyami.

———

Shoto deposited the now sleeping Izuku with utmost gentleness on the bed, before moving over to the wardrobe to fish out one of the yukatas he kept in the greenette's room for sleeping in.

"Were you serious?"
Shoto glanced up at Hitoshi, the purple haired teen stood in the doorway, arms crossed.
"About what?"
The insomniac did a slow blink.
Shoto did one back and the emo signed. "The proposal."
Shoto blinked in confusion as he removed his jacket and put it on a hanger, "of course."

"You don't think we should at least date for six months before swearing to love each other til death do us part?" Pursued Hitoshi, voice thick enough with sarcasm as to ensure even Shoto could pick it up.
"You think you won't?" Asked Shoto, his head tilted in faint confusion.
Shinsou scowled, a hint of a blush in his cheeks. "That is not what I meant."
"So you will." Stated Shoto, adjusting his obi before settling on the edge of the bed as he eyed Izuku's sleeping form.
"Expect so." Replied Shinsou, moving over to the wardrobe to retrieve his own pyjamas: shirt and boxers like a normal fucking person.
Shoto gave him an irritated look as if to say, then why are you asking about this?
"Then, before Izuku gets pounced on by someone else, I want my ring on his fourth finger, to remind him where ever he goes that I love him. And to remind every bastard out there that looks at him, that he is mine."

Shinsou wilted slightly, fully accepting that common sense was lacking completely in one of them, and that he no longer had any idea which it was.

He pulled on his shirt, stretched and then joined Shoto on the bed, thoroughly observing Izuku for any sign of consciousness before asking, "What gemstone are you going with?"
"Oh," Shoto visibly brightened, "I was fiercely debating between Sapphires for loyalty, and Jade.. you know, to accept him. I think jade's the best call, but I'm worried he'll be reminded of stressful memories if..."
Hitoshi couldn't help but smile as Shoto continued to ramble enthusastically.