Chapter 130: Coasting Rollers

Hope you guys are all doing okay!
*yawns*

———

Izuku woke up and yawned contentedly.
Then he remembered what happened the day before and cringed. He was going to have to explain this one. He owed it to them and he only needed to admit his mother was abusive. He'd done that five times! What was a sixth...to his entire fucking class.
He could see their faces, the shock...the disgust...the pity.

...Maybe he wouldn't have to see their faces.
He sat up and reached for his phone.
"What the fuck are you doing nerd?" Groaned a tired human teenager beside him.
"Telling the class Kaachan. And good morning to you too."
"That's fu- not actually a bad idea."
Izuku grinned, "I know. You call me nerd for a reason, Kaachan."

Class 1A Chat
Izuku: Sorry for ruining your birthday yesterday Momo!"
Yaoyorozu: It's okay! Sorry if we made you uncomfortable!
Ashido: Yeah, Sorry for staring like that! It was just surprising!
Izuku: Yeah, I'm sorry about that! Kaachan says it isn't the first time I've said something weird either.
Aoyama: Mon ami do not worry! I say weird things all the time!
Hagakure: Don't worry Izu!
Izuku: Thanks guys but I feel it's time I explain. Because I was diagnosed as quirkless, my mother hated me and used to abuse me. I didn't know what a birthday cake looked like because I've never had one... but I'm really happy with all of you and my new dad so don't think about it too much!
...

"Gentle as a brick through a window." Commented Katsuki.
Izuku pouted, "how are you supposed to tell someone you've been abused gently?"

Kaminari: Thanks for having the confidence to tell us Izuku!
Uraraka: Yeah, I'm glad you're happy now!
Kirishima: Me too
Tokoyami: Indeed.
Izuku: Thanks guys! What it means is along with being quirkless making school challenging, I haven't had many normal childhood experiences...so sorry if I ask weird questions sometimes!
Sero: No worries dude! Out of interest, when is your Birthday?
Izuku: Oh, I don't know! I just take it as the first day of the school year.
...

Bakugou who'd been following the conversation and was feeling pretty proud of his squad, yelled and dropped his phone.
"You don't fucking know??!!!?!?!??"
Izuku glanced up are him, "I was kinda hoping you might remember?"
"I think it's July.." says Bakugou, wracking his brains. "But I was like four the last time I thought about it."

Izuku: Kaachan says it's in July but he can't remember either!

"Why is no one replying?" He asked Bakugou.
Raising his head from his hands, the blond glared at him, "a birthday is the day that celebrates your existence. All the people who appreciate your presence show you that they do. The fact you don't even know when yours is, is the saddest fucking thing any of them have ever heard."
"Oh."

Izuku: Seriously guys I'm fine. Please don't over think it!
Jirou: I can't believe you expect us to do that, but I'll try. When are you two coming down for breakfast? Only you and Bakugou can cook for shit. I think Kaminari is about to blow up the microwave.
Bakugou: GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY MICROWAVE PIKACHU
Izuku: He's on his way. I'll be maybe five minutes.
Iida: Ah, he's arrived. No worries Izu, take your time.

Satou: What are you doing in Bakugou-kun's room anyway?
Izuku: Oh, well I kinda found myself there?
Ashido: Hitoshi? Shoto? No comment?
Hiniyuki: Hitoshi is still asleep. I'll be in the kitchen in five.
Kaminari: Wait you guys slept together? What the hell is going on? I'm so confused.
Hiniyuki: You usually are.
Sero: Damn. Worst burn you've ever inflicted Shoto!
Hiniyuki: What do you mean Sero? I didn't use my quirk? I was just stating facts?
Kaminari: T^T