Chapter 146: Make mine a double

Izuku rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he trudged into the kitchen, Hitoshi and Shoto in tow. "Morning everyone." He murmured to the seven or so teens already there, before performing one of those almost full body yawns.
"How are you so tired Izu?" Asked Uraraka chuckling, "I didn't think you guys were dating."
Izuku brushed his bangs back into the curly mass of hair now hanging past his waist, and rolled his eyes at her, before reaching up for a packet of a cereal. He was too sleepy to care which.

"Izu-ni!"
Izuku turned to smile as Eri came in pulling Aizawa behind her, "morning princess, everything okay?"
"Yup! You're been invited to a ball! You're gonna be Cinderella!" Squealed Eri
Izuku blinked slowly as most of the room stilled, "sorry, what now?"
Aizawa sighed, "it's the Empresses' birthday, November 15th. For some mysterious reason, she decided this year that all the hero students in training be invited, to show her support and encouragement to the next generation of heroes."

"That's going to be a hell of a lot of people." Pointed out Shinsou as the gears in Izuku's brain turned over the information.
Aizawa hummed, "only those with provisional licenses and their plus ones."
"Yay!" Izuku visibly brightened, "Sho, you'll be able to come!"
The bicoloured teen shrugged, "I've been before, but I'd be honoured to be your plus one, Zu."
The greenette chuckled bashfully, and lifted Eri into the hug she'd been waiting for, "I was thinking I'd take Eri as my plus one, you'd like to dress up like the princess you are right?"
Eri giggled, and Shoto's expression darkened slightly. Shinsou snorted and patted the bicoloured teen on the shoulder, "don't worry, I'll take you."
"That won't be possible," sighed Aizawa, distancing himself from his children minutely, "unfortunately, no one under the age of fifteen is permitted."

Eri's face contorted as her lower lip trembled and Izuku immediately went through damage control measures, sending accusing and disappointed glares at his father every other second.
He did manage to stop Eri crying, promising she could help him pick his outfit, and they'd get her a really nice dress anyway, and that she could wear it to lessons for the next week.
She was being spoilt. But she had earned it in Izuku's opinion, and no one was going to battle him over it.

"So, what's the plan today?" Asked Kirishima lightly as he settled beside Izuku at the kitchen table.
Izuku hummed, "you guys know Twice and Mr Compress have become vigilantes?"
The group acknowledged him in their own ways, Uraraka perking up especially at mention of Toga's flatmates.
"Well," Izuku continued, "I'm visiting their flat today. Need to talk to Twice about his quirk."
Bakugou spoke up, "huh, forgot that guy. Didn't do shit at the training camp."
"Yeah, cuz I knocked him out." Replied Izuku dryly. "He probably has the most dangerous quirk out of that whole group after all."

Asui hummed, finishing a mouthful of eggs before saying, "I recall how much him duplicating you helped the battle with All for One, kero."
Uraraka nodded, "it was freaky, glad we don't have two of you around regularly, you and Hatsume are scary enough as it is.."
Shinsou mustered a smirk, "two of Izuku sounds like a lot of fun to me."
Kaminari spat out a mouthful of bacon, and Izuku smirked right back, "I don't think you could handle one of me."

Bakugou coughed slightly, "do you want company today, nerd?"
Izuku hesitated, looking at him with surprise. "You...you sure Kaachan?"
"Yeah." Replied the blond quietly, downing a glass of orange juice to ignore the knowing looks and smirks of most of the class.
Izuku smiled a megawatt smile for the first time in a while at his answer.
"Great!"

———

"So, why the hell are you coming, pink cheeks?"
Bakugou glared angrily at the brunette who stared defiantly back at him, though Izuku's answer knocked them both down a peg.

"She has an embarrassing crush on Toga, and is too shy to confess so just takes every opportunity to be around her instead of expressing her feelings."
Uraraka flushed and looked away, as did Bakugou who was in exactly the same situation.
Izuku snickered at Uraraka, then shivered a little.