Chapter 2

"Oh, My Gosh Aniah! Totoo ba?" Maxi asked when I entered the classroom.

"Ang alin?" I asked her back and went to my seat. She and Lorraine followed me.

"Some girl here from our school saw you with Sanjie yesterday," Lorraine told me.

I put my bag on the table and looked at them. I'm foreseeing this happening. That clarifies why all of the girls in our school were scowling at me earlier.

"Hinatid ka ba niya kahapon?" Maxi asked.

I nodded. I don't want to tell an untruth to them because they're my best friends. I was surprised when they shrieked in warmth.

"We were so happy for you Aniah! You already made the Pangilinan noticed you! We're so proud of you!" Lorraine excitedly said.

"Only Sanjie and I didn't do anything to make him notice me." I rectified.

"At least he noticed you. I can feel that anytime, Sander will reach you too" Maxi said.

"You think so?" I confusingly asked her.

They nodded. "You made Sanjie noticed you kahit na wala kang ginawa. Kaya hindi malabong kausapin ka rin ng pinsan niyang si, Sander." Lorraine replied.

"Naisip ko lang kasi. Sander's way far from his cousin Sanjie, because of their temperament. Tahimik lang si Sander while Sanjie's talkative." I explained.

"Stop being so pessimistic, Aniah. Just wait and one day you'll be shocked because the long wait will be finally over."

I just gazed at them. Beginning to marvel if Sander will notice me. Well, I hope so.

In the middle of our class, I pardoned myself to go to the restroom because Lorraine just mumbled to me that Ruby was gazing at me. Ruby's a classmate of ours who's head over heels to Sanjie Wilhelm Pangilinan, but he never noticed her.

I feel barely alleviated when the teacher let me go since I was going to the restroom but I somehow feel scared as I got out because girls might give me casualty gazes or terrible, they assault me. Well, I don't condemn Sanjie for this because he well dropped me off at my house yesterday. He was just being polite and gentlemanly.

Keep your cool Aniah.

The ladies' restroom was on the first floor while I was on the second floor. So I have to use the stairs to get there. I'm hoping that no girls were waiting in the hallway because I'll be dead meat if they were there. I already enacted the stairs and as I reached the hallway, I looked left and right to see if there were girls, but no sign of them. I must be fortunate today!

I arrived in the lady's restroom with no scrapes on my face, just safe and sound. So I rapidly went inside to one of the cubicles of the restroom and used the toilet. After that, I was about to go out when I heard the voice of three girls going inside the restroom, so I instantly locked the door of my cubicle and kept up there, quietly.

"That girl's lucky to be with Sanjie!"

"Sinabi mo pa! Siya kaya ang unang babae na nakasama ni Sanjie tapos pinapasok pa nito sa kotse niya! I'm jealous!"

"Do you think Sanjie and that girl are in a relationship?"

"Hell no! Hindi ako makakapayag dyan!"

"Hindi sila bagay noh!"

I remember ten years ago, Sander told me that we're a perfect match because he was handsome and I was beautiful. That he likes me and I like him too.

"Maybe Sanjie's only talking to her because he felt compassion for her. Kasi diba, sinong hindi maaawa dun? Eh ang pangit niya. Kaya walang choice si Sanjie kundi pansinin ang babaeng yun."