Chapter 4

"Aniah, ano bang iniisip mo? Kanina ka pa lutang ha!" I heard Lorraine asking.

"Are you thinking about Sander again?" Maxi too asked.

"Or Sanjie?" Lorraine added and they began laughing.

"Hindi natin matapos-tapos itong activity na pinapagawa sa'tin dahil kanina ka pa lutang!" Maxi argued.

I looked at them. "I'm sorry girls. Wala ako sa mood ngayon eh." I told.

Lorraine arched a brow. "Palagi ka namang wala sa mood, Aniah girl. Ano ba kasi 'yang iniisip mo?"

I coated my face and sough. "Wala, I'm fine. I'm just not in the mood to talk today." I replied.

"And it's because of?" Maxi asked.

I know these girls won't quit asking me what's awry. So I took a deep whiff and looked at them, they're waiting for me to spill the tea.

"It's about The Pangilinan cousins."

"What about them?" They asked.

"They're making me bewilder," I mumbled.

They looked at each other confusingly and give me back the look. "What are you talking about, Aniah girl?"

I tell them the whole thing. That Sander brought me to their grandmother's garden and clarified to them why. I even tell them how Sander confided to me and Sanjie waited outside of my house that night and where our talking ends up, and how he confessed to me the same day when his cousin confessed. Their reactions were rare while I'm explaining it to them.

They wanted to cry out in joy but they couldn't because we're inside the school library.

"Aniah, ikaw na talaga!" Maxi mumbled.

"Ngayon, hindi ko alam kung paano sila haharaping dalawa lalo na't parehong araw pa talaga sila umamin sa'kin," I said worriedly.

Lorraine chuckled. "Aniah girl, you have to act natural in front of them. Just act as if nothing occurred. Steady ka lang."

I was about to say something when we heard someone spoke behind us. We gaped back and were stunned to see Sanjie, smiling at ME.

"Do it." I heard Lorraine whispered and she yanked Maxi away from us.

As they left, Sanjie sits beside me and I looked away when he began staring at me. I heard him laugh because of my abrupt manner.

"And I guessed you're averting me when I'm not." I heard him said.

"I-I'm not avoiding you." I rectified. I just don't know how to face him after he confided that night.

"Then why aren't you even looking at me?" He asked.

"It's because I'm doing something."

"You're not writing." He argued.

"Will you please be quiet? Were inside the school library. Were not inferred to make any noise." I made up an alibi.

He chuckled. "I'm not screaming or yelling. My voice isn't audible. I'm only whispering to you." He upheld.

I didn't answer. I really couldn't look at him in the eyes because I felt awkward to him.

"And now, you're not talking to me." He mumbled.

I looked at him and he was still staring at me. "What's with the look?" I asked.

"Bawal ka na bang tignan?" He asked me back.

"Ewan ko sa'yo!" I shouted, and I heard the school librarian muffled me.