Chapter 9

Days passed after Sander and I clarified things. I'm glad that he understands me and didn't get mad at me. How lucky I am to have Sander in my life even though I misconstrued he wasn't that boy I met under a tree ten years ago. Sander's so good to me and he thanked me for becoming a better person. He told me that I altered him and he won't leave me by my side no matter what. In the case of Sanjie? I still haven't talked to him because he's not answering my calls and not even replying to my text messages.

He's still mad at me and I understand him because I wasn't sure about what I feel for him. But after Sander and I talked? Now I'm sure about it. That I love him more than Sander, not because he was that black-haired boy I met for a decade, but because he makes me happy, feel loved, and I don't want him out of my life. I know that I love him and this time I'm sure about it.

I talked to my parents and they were happy when they knew about it. They were so proud of me because, for the first time in my life, I became honest with my feelings and was brave enough to face this problem. I'm also proud of myself because I finally did it and passed the challenge. It was hard for me.

It was hard for me to choose because I don't want one of them to get hurt, but after Sander and I talked? It made me realized that I couldn't live without Sanjie. I missed his presence. I missed him calling my name. I missed him going to my house at night and tells me he wants to take me out on a date. I missed him laughing. I missed his talkativeness. I missed his smiles. I missed his voice. I missed him driving me home and talk about anything inside his car. I missed how he makes me laugh. I missed how he annoys me. I missed how he approaches me first. I missed him so much.

I wanted to see him. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to tell him that I realized, I love him more.

"Have you talked to him?" Lorraine asked.

I shook my head. "Not yet. He's not even answering my calls and texts."

"Then why don't you go to his house? Do a surprise visit." Maxi suggested.

"As if he wanted to see me. Eh, galit nga siya sa'kin diba?" I asked them.

"Paano mo naman nasabing galit siya sa'yo? Tinanong mo ba?" Lorraine asked.

I looked away. "H-Hindi! Eh biglang nag walks out eh kaya nalaman kong galit ito sa'kin."

"Edi puntahan mo! Malay mo hinihintay ka lang din niya na kausapin mo siya." Maxi said.

I twitched my lips and thought of what Maxi said. Should I go to his place? What if he doesn't want to see me? What if he hates me? No Aniah! He said he will never hate you.

I was in the middle of my thoughts when my phone suddenly rings. I looked up to see who it was and it was Sander.

"Bakit kaya napatawag 'to?" I asked while staring at my phone.

"Edi sagutin mo para malaman mo kung bakit." Maxi blocked.

I rolled my eyes at her and I heard them laugh. So I answer Sander's call.

"Hello, Sander? Ba't ka napatawag?" I asked.

(Where are you?) He asked. Wait! Is he okay? He sounded frightened.

"Nasa bahay. Bakit?"

(Have you and Sanjie talk?) He asked again.

"Hindi pa. Bakit mo natanong?" I asked.

Why does he sound so frightened?

(He's leaving) He said.

"Saan siya pupunta? I'll go to him para naman makapag-usap na kami."