Chapter 8

"WHAT?! You're kidding right?" Maxi asked in anxiety.

"I wish I am." I said.

Lorraine and Maxi looked at each other in skepticism and give me back the look.

"So all this time you're in love with the wrong Pangilinan?" Lorraine asked.

I sighed and slowly nodded.

"Have you and Sander talked about this?"

I shook my head.

After I knew about the truth. I went home but neither of them I didn't let me drive home. Sander was confused as to why I acted different that day. Both of them kept on calling and texting me, but I'm not answering. I didn't go to school for a week and lied to my parents that I wasn't feeling well. They're always visiting to my house but I'm not showing up to them. After what I knew? I don't know how to face them. I don't even know if I still have feelings for Sander after I knew about the truth.

I don't know who to tell about this.

Until Lorraine and Maxi visited me in the house. I only told them today the reason of my absence in school.

"You have to talk to him. Hindi naman pwedeng habang buhay mo silang iiwasan noh!" Maxi snapped.

"Hindi ko alam paano sila haharapin okay?" I blurted.

"You know! Natatakot ka lang!" Lorraine said.

I just sighed.

"Kung sakaling nalaman mong si Sanjie ang batang 'yon noon pa. Magugustuhan mo pa ba si Sander?" Maxi asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Honestly, hindi ko talaga alam."

They just stared at me.

"I'm so unfair, right? Noon gustong-gusto ko pa siya dahil siya yung unang naging kaibigan ko noong bata pa ako. Pero ngayong malaki na kami at nalaman ko ang totoo... parang hindi ko na alam."

"I'm really unfair. Siguro kung nung una pa lang ay nalaman ko na ang totoo, none of this would've happen." I began again.

"Bakit ba nangyayari sa'kin 'to? Hindi ito yung gusto kong mangyari. Hindi ito yung love story na gusto kong mangyari."

"I don't want Sander to be on one-sided love. He doesn't deserve it." I said.

Maxi tapped my shoulder. "Hindi mo naman inaasahang mangyayari 'to. Lahat tayo, hindi natin alam na mangyayari ang bagay na 'to."

"Naguguluhan na ako. Before, I was sure about my feelings.. but now? I don't know anymore." I mumbled.

"Everything happens for a reason Aniah girl. Maybe this happened para malaman ni Sander ang salitang love. Kailangan rin niyang maranasan kung paano umibig. Dahil alam nating wala sa bokabularyo niya ang salitang pag-ibig."

I just stared at her.

"She's right. And maybe this arisen to Sanjie because he was waiting for the right time to tell you the truth. I know it's really hard for him to hide the truth to you, because he knows how madly in love you are to Sander, kaya mas lalo siyang nahihirapang sabihin sa'yo. He doesn't want to ruin your prosperity, that's why he kept it for so long." Lorraine explained.

I sighed. "Pero bakit ganun katagal?"

They also sighed. "May dahilan siya kung bakit niya pinatagal Aniah girl." Maxi replied.

"Ten years, girls. I waited for ten years!"

"This also arisen to you Aniah girl, maybe for you to learn that you're loving the wrong Pangilinan, and also maybe for you to know if once you find out the truth, you're still gonna love the wrong San." Lorraine told.