Chapter 1 : So It Begins

As you walked down the narrow street away from your school you pulled out your little, black notebook. You weren't very social so you tried writing down all the ways you got someone to trust you after meeting them. From what you said to how you had to act.

Most days you were alone though, you didn't have many friends and the ones you did were fictional or so you thought. Your friends were strange, to say the least, one was god and the other was a purple haired midget (that can fly).

You reached your house and opened the front door. Your mother has been dead for two years now and your father was always at work so, even outside of school, you were mostly alone. You went up to your room and plopped your schoolbag onto the floor. Homework wasn't very important to you since even the teachers managed to forget that you existed.

Being 'invisible' to others had its perks, such as not being bullied. Unless being ignored by everyone around you is considered bullying. You sat down on your bed, placing your notebook on your nightstand, as you grabbed your (f/c) blanket. After you had wrapped yourself up you looked straight ahead, drowning out everything else.

... Nothing fun ever happens... I'm so bored of all this. At least I have holidays next week so maybe I and dad could do something then...

You closed your eyes tightly, but when you opened them, you were suddenly in a circle of podiums. On each podium there stood a silhouette. The god of time and space, Deus Ex Machina, stood in the middle. You looked around curiously, the podiums seemed to be floating in the sky, defying all laws of gravity.

But the 3rd podium was empty and the red words hovering over it stated 'DEAD END'. You questioned what they meant with 'DEAD END', yet something within you told yourself that you didn't wish to know the answer.

"Welcome Diary Users, I have called you here to say that this game's survivor will be my successor as the god of time and space. As you can see 1st has already eliminated 3rd."

... Eliminated? Does that mean he captured him or something?...

... Am I lucid dreaming? How is this even possible?!...

You then shyly spoke up, "What exactly do you mean by eliminated?" Suddenly 9th started laughing as you turned to look at her darkened silhouette. It seemed she had her hair in pigtails and that she was wearing a 'puffy' dress.

"13th you're not really that naive, are you? Otherwise, you'll be the second to die", 9th sneered. ... Die?... Where can I sign off?... I don't want to play a game with death involved... but then again, I'm probably just imagining this...

You glared at 9th's silhouette while she said that, "I just wanted to know if there were any special rules, is all."

Then the God of Time and Space spoke up, "There are no special rules other then that if your future diary breaks you die as well."

You nodded and looked towards First. ... I wonder if I was the only one that didn't know that you had to kill... Maybe I'm just dreaming, there's no way that this can be true... And what's a future Diary?... Yep, I'm definitely hallucinating...

"That is all, let the games begin!" The god proudly announced.

Everyone's silhouette slowly started to vanish as you looked around yourself. ... What's going on now?...

You blinked a few times as your vision got blurred. While looking ahead of yourself again, you had suddenly returned back into the center of your room. Convinced it was just a dream, you sighed in relief. You looked towards your black notebook which seemed different. Not its exterior changed but what might've been inside.