Chapter 2: Blowing Off A Little Steam

It had only taken an hour to organise their little party. With the words "It's almost Clarke's birthday" and "She says to enjoy and that it's all good" from Bellamy, everyone had rushed to get into the swing of it. It would be their first real reason to celebrate being on the ground. Clarke being born nearly eighteen years ago was welcomed by all.

Clarke was dragged out of the med bay be a hyper Octavia and a "it's your party, girl" by Raven, despite her attempts to stay on account of watching over the injured boys. They had insisted she go and enjoy herself, much to her disappointment. It's not the she didn't want to be sociable, it's just that she didn't really want a party for her. She was just Clarke after all, right?

She felt the heat of the fire hit her face as soon as she was practically pushed out of medical by her 'friends'.

"Happy Birthday Clarke!" Was shouted as she stepped into the fire lit evening. Everyone clapped a laughed at the surprised young doctor. She looked totally speechless. She felt a tin cup being pressed into her hand by Octavia while Raven grabbed her arm and dragged her to the centre of the crowd.

Bellamy stood with Jasper and Monty behind him. He had that shit eating grin on his face as he watched her. She narrowed her eyes but couldn't help the smile of she tried.

Bellamy was about to make a speech for her when Jasper and Monty pushed past him. Clarke, Raven and Octavia giggled at his expression that told them that both boys would be on heavy duty work tomorrow and for the rest of the week.

"It looks like you decided to show up after all." Jasper spoke loud enough for only the few people around them. Clarke knew it was for her ears only.

"Well you bunch of thieves, we are here to celebrate one thing and one thing only!" Jasper spoke lough enough for everyone this time. They all nodded, thinking of Clarke.

"Monty's fresh moonshine!" Everyone laughed at the boy who wore those silly goggles. Even Bellamy chuckled softly. Jasper jumped onto a stump, and shared it with Monty. "But in all seriousness, this is for you Clarke. Who knows where we would be without you?"

Jasper and everyone else raised their make shift cups, filled with moonshine, in honour of their doctor. But before they drank Monty made a snide comment. "Well Jasper, we know where you would be. Still at Mount Weather with a spear in your chest." Everyone, including the once human shish-cabab laughed. "To Clarke!" Monty called.

"To Clarke!" The others joined in. Then all at once they downed their drinks.

"What are we waiting for?" Octavia yelled. "Let's party!"

With that everyone went their own ways, playing silly party games like spin the bottle, seven minuets in heaven and basically anything that involved making out. As people passed her they wished Clarke a happy birthday.

She was truly touched. Nobody had ever made this much of a fuss on the Ark. Probably because because resources could be better spent on other things but still, she had never felt this appreciated . . . well ever.

After a few hours and many (definitely more then two) drinks most people had gone off to bed, wishing Clarke one final happy birthday. There were still a few lingerers trying to stay up. Octavia and Jasper and fallen asleep on each other and were snoring lightly while Raven and Monty wished they had a permanent marker or something to draw on their unsuspecting friends faces.

Clarke felt kinda dizzy on her feet as she watched the flames dance for her. Like her own little birthday show. Clarke looked up and noticed a few couples slow dancing, even though they had no music. It must have been nice to just dance with someone and not need music to drift between you and your partner. She had danced with a few people that night, mainly Octavia, Raven, Monty and Jasper.

"How goes it birthday girl?" She wasn't shocked to suddenly see Bellamy beside her. She had seen him watch her all evening.

"Good," Was all she responded with. The alcohol in her system made her eyes feel heavy but made her limbs buzz with energy.

Bellamy turned to face her and she could smell the liquor on his breath as she was sure he could on her's too. "Have a good time?"

He seemed to step closer to her. Clarke had to tilt her head back to see his face properly. "It was fun. I liked it." She turned her face away from his as she watched the fire. "I wish Wells was here. He would have had fun too."

Bellamy's happy face faded for a moment. It was one thing he wish he could have done for her. Gotten her best friend to be here. That would have made her birthday. He moved behind her, wrapping his arms around her middle and resting his chin on her slender shoulder.

"I'm sorry he couldn't make it." He whispered in her ear.

Clarke rested her hands atop his and laced their fingers together, while watching the fire again. "I'm the sorry one. I feel like I just ruined your hard work." She turned in his arms and brought her hands to wrap around his neck. "Thank you for a wonderful evening and a great birthday, Bellamy."

Clarke pressed a gentle kiss to his scratchy cheek. She pulled back and stared into his eyes. He looked back down at her. He leaned in a little closer but stopped just short of her lips.

"Do you want to dance with me, Miss Griffin?" He questioned her.

"It would be my honour, Mr Blake."

Bellamy pulled Clarke a little closer to him as he rested his hands on her hips. Her hands automatically wrapped around his neck, and laid her ear directly over his heart. That was all the music she need to dance with Bellamy Blake.

After a few moments of silence, the only other sound was Bellamy's heart, Clarke felt something on her neck. Her body stiffened as she realised that it was Bellamy's soft, warm lips. He was nipping up and down her neck, tracing patterns with his tongue. Clarke's eyes rolled back and closed in bliss.

Her fingers moved to thread into his dark curls. They stayed like that for a while, Clarke letting out the occasional moan while Bellamy traced up to her ear, across her jaw and landing on her lips. Their lips moved in sync, slowly at first, but soon Clarke pulled the dark man close. Their kisses started to become rough and urgent.

It was becoming too much for Clarke and she pulled away. "Bellamy," She breathed. Her breath was ragged and her eyes were only just able to stay open. "We can't."

He looked hurt and rejected. He started to pull away until Clarke pulled him back. "Let me finish." A drunken grin spread onto her face. "We can't. Not here anyway."

With that seemingly clear Bellamy planted a hot kiss on her mouth and Clarke started to lead them to his hut where their night turned into one of steam and passion. It all became a sweaty blur to the birthday blonde.