Chapter: 5 We're Family Now

After a night filling in her friends on her night with Bellamy (but very little detail, his sister was in the room after all, and her lack of memory didn't help either) and about the moring after when thy were almost caught, Clarke felt exhausted. Octavia jumped in with a scowl and 'we were so worried about you but you were just getting laid, huh?' This was followed by a smake to the back of the head by Raven

She told them that he had comforted her that morining and how he seemed worrid for her. She also told them that she had no idea how to tell him.

"What if he's mad?" She shighed as Octavia sat on her bed, brushing curls out of her face. Clarke had her back to younger Blake and faced Raven who was crouched in front of her, holinding one of her hands. And alothough facing the darker girl, she wasn't game to look into her storming eyes. "What if he hates me?"

"Oh my God," Octavia said from behind Clarke. She still brushed her hair back with her fingers. soothing the pregnant blonde. "Did I just hear Clarke Griffin, the Clarke Griffin, ask if Bellamy would hate her?"

"I think you did," Raven smirked at Octavia, letting her gaze drift to Clarke. She had her eyes focused on Raven's hands holing her own. "It's almost as if she wants him to have an emotion for be besides hate and anger."

Clarke said nothing and the girls soon got the message: nothing was going to cheer her up. Octavia leaned over to give Clarke a hung and a quick kiss on the forehead before saying that she needed to give Monty and Jasper some blankets.

She left Raven and Clarke without another word. Raven watched Clarke with a steady gaze.

"Do you hate me?" It was barely audible, Raven thought she might have imagined it.

"What are you talking about, Clarke?"

"I just can't seem to do anything right. I mess up everyones lives. I messed up my Dad's and he got floated. I messed up your life with Finn and now I've messed it up again. And Octavia's and Bellamy's. Everyone's going to hate me."

With that Clarke grabbed her pillow and shoved her head underneath it, so Raven couldn't see her tears. Raven released a sigh, go to her feet, walked around Clarke's queen bed and jumped on the other side. She then pulled Clarke so she had to face her.

Clarke didn't look but rolled over to face her tanned friend. Raven spoke firmly but kindly to the blonde. "I don't, won't and can't ever hate you, Clarke. Nobody could. You're too kind and gentle. This baby isn't going to change anything, okay?"

Clarke looked up slowly, "I don't know how to tell him," her voice trembled as she whispered.

Raven sighed again and sat up on the bed to look down at Clarke. She could see that she was getting tired. Her eyes were puffy from so much crying. Her nose and tear stained cheeks looked red, as if she had been out in snow. In total: She looked like a wreck. Poor girl, and things were only going to get worse.

"We'll worry about that later, hm?" She tenderly stroked Clarke's cheek and brought the covers up. "Get some sleep and we'll talk more in the moring."

"Thanks for being my friend, Rae," Clarke closed her eyes as sleep took over "I don't think I can do this without you . . ."

"I know," Raven watch her best friend for a moment before she left. She saw Octavia coming in.

"She's out. Best to let her sleep."

"Yeah," the younger girl sighed and placed her hands on her hips. "Jasper and Monty are keeping Bellamy away from the house for the night. But when he finds out . . . he'll tare apart anyone who stands between him and Clarke. I mean, he shot a man to get to me."