Chaptere 15: Our End

Lincoln had gone to get Lexa as soon as he realised the death of their situation. He had brought Lexa and her top warriors. Nyko had come with them, thinking that Nova could be hurt. He knew that they weren't related but she was in a way his niece too. And he was going to help his brother protect his family.

"So the Sunset loonies took your daughter." Lexa was always bout with her wording, but she seemed a little concerned for Nova. "And they want to sacrifice her tomorrow at noon with another."

"Please, Lexa." Clarke was trying her best not to let tears even come into her eyes. If they did Lexa would likely leave, thinking she was weak. "We need your help. I need you help. She's my daughter . . . she's only four."

Lexa's eyes looked Clarke up and down. She could see the slump in her shoulders and her weak stance. Her hair was untidy and eyes still red from crying earlier. She could see that Clarke had been worried out of her mind. Knowing Clarke, Lexa figured that she hadn't slept well or eaten yet. She wouldn't have enough strength for the journey to the dangerous tribe and back, let alone be able to fight them. Looking beside the blonde she saw Bellamy was in the same state.

"We will help you, Clarke." Her rough voice was music to Clarke and Bellamy's tired ears. "She is the first Sky child born on the ground. I might need her later in life for something."

Bellamy frowned as he looked at the woman. Clarke grabbed his hands and squeezed with all her might. That was all he needed to know to shut up and keep still. "Thank you Lexa. Thank you so much." Clarke gave the tiniest of smiles.

"It will take a few hours to pin point their location on the hike. Not to mention it'll get dark before we get there. We won't have much time to get Nova before they try to kill her." Clarke sucked in a breath at her sentence. Lexa noticed and raised an eyebrow. "I have one condition though. Neither of you come. You'll only slow us down and jump in at the wrong time. Your connection to the girl will throw your judgment off. We don't need it. We will bring her back tomorrow."

Lexa started leave when Bellamy spoke up. "So we're supposed to sit here, useless until you bring out daughter back?! You really expect us to do that?!"

Without stopping or turning around she through her answer over her shoulder. "Yes."

That was yesterday and there was still no sigh of Lexa, her Grounder warriors or Nova. Clarke and Bellamy hadn't slept at all that night. They had been tucked against each other tightly, not saying anything. They didn't want to shatter the silence that had come into their home when they had. They Skye with Lincoln about what happened and asked him to inform the others of the camp. They also told him to set up two beds in the drop ship for Clarke's mother and Kane. The co-leaders both knew they wouldn't leave until they had their engineer back.

Now Clarke stood behind the closed gate, eyes fixed on it, Wells sleeping on her shoulder. Bellamy had been trying to busy himself with helping build things, ordering people around and avoiding Abby and Kane. He really didn't want to speak with them today. Both parents knew that today was the day they got their daughter back. The only thing that scared them was how they'd get her. Alive with a happy smile playing on her lips or . . . dead with that sparkle in her eyes gone forever? They didn't know and it was killing them.

"You need to eat something, Clarkie," Rave said as she came behind her best friend. Her hand landed on her shoulder, trying to comfort her. "You need your strength."

"I'm fine." Clarke hadn't taken her blue eyes off the gate, thinking if she did her daughter would never come back.

"This isn't good for you, or Wells." Octavia held Luka in her arms. He was happily playing with her hair, until he saw his cousin asleep on his aunt. He started to giggle and reached for Wells' chubby little fisted hand. Octavia stopped the two year old by grabbing his hand and giving him a displeased look. He looked sad before his mother attacked him with kissed and dropped him on the ground.