Chapter 12: Our Madhouse

"Mummy! Daddy! Wakie wakie!" A four year old jumped on her parents excitedly at six o'clock in morning. "Upsies! Upsies!"

Both parents under the covers of their bed groaned as they heard a baby cry down the hall. "God, why did we think having children was a good idea?" Bellamy groaned as he rolled on to his back.

"We didn't," Clarke spoke as she looked at the head board of their bed. "You just could keep your filthy hands off me." Clarke got up to get get the baby from the next room over. Bellamy couldn't help but watch as her hips swayed. She paused and looked back at him for a moment.

Bellamy went to respond with something Clarke just knew was going to be dirty as sin, until their four year old daughter jumped onto Bellamy's stomach, effectively knocking the wind out of him. The little girl laughed at her fathers pained expression. "Daddy! Let's do something! I'm board!"

"Well, Nova, daddy's still sleepy." Bellamy threw an arm over his eyes to try and block out the little sun coming through the window. "Come back in a few hours."

"Daddy!" Nova wined, getting up and sitting on his stomach repeatedly. "D-d-d-daddy!" She cried as she bounced up and down.

"Nova, baby, stop jumping up and down on daddy."Clarke walked back into the room with a baby rested on her shoulder. "It's not very nice, or lady like for that matter."

"But I don't want to be a lady." The little one told her mother as she sat down with the infant. "I want to be like Aunty Raven! Badass!"

Clarke gasped at her four year old. "Where did you hear that word?"

Nova looked pound as she looked to her father, who was sinking into the sheets. "I heard daddy say it." She had heard him talking to Raven late one night when she was supposed to be asleep. Clarke had gone to bed as soon as Bellamy got home that night, exhausted from staying home with a four year old and a new born. Bellamy and Raven had sat back with a cup of moonshine each and spoken to each other as if they were teenagers again. Silly little things really. He thought his child was asleep and he was paying for it.

"Really?" Nova nodded at her mother. Clarke turned to face her curly, brunette daughter, brushing a few curls out of her face. Nova scowled at her mothers attempt to made her look a little more like a human and not a wild animal. "Don't say it again ok? It's a bad word that hurts mummy's feelings."

"I'm sorry mummy!" Nova cried as she attacked her mother with a hug. Clarke threw an arm around the little girl. She was sending death glares over at Bellamy. He smiled guiltily, knowing her was going to be in trouble later and get a huge lecture on his language around their children. He had gotten it before Nova had been born and before their new baby had arrived.

"It's okay, baby." Clarke pressed a kiss to Nova's head. Nova moved back to sit between her parents legs and looked at Clarke with sad blue eyes. "It's really ok. Just promise mummy you won't say it again okay? Daddy'll promise with you not to say it again too."

"Okay!" Nova looked to Bellamy expectantly.

"You first BB," He, like Raven, hadn't wanted to call his daughter Blake so he called her BB: Baby Blake. "I'll go after you."

"Sure!" Nova raised both hands to show she was crossing any fingers and placed her right hand over her heart. "I promise not to say ba-" she stopped at seeing her mothers disapproving glance. "Um, that bad word again. Your turn daddy!"

"I promise not to say that mean word again." Bellamy raised his eye brows and looked to Clarke, who looked incredibly smug as she rocked the baby in her arms. "Happy, mummy?"

"Very." Just then the baby in her arms began to fuss. "Oh, oh, oh. It's okay. Mummy's here." Clarke stood up and started to walk while rocking her baby. "It's so dark in here." With out any warning she opened the blinds above their bed, letting in the morning sunshine. To Bellamy she looked perfect, holding their latest masterpiece in the morning light, her hair bouncing with each step.