Chapter Ten

Val

So far we weren't kicking any ass. Just sitting in a boat with three other people. In the last seven hours, this has happened. First, we had a meaningful moment with tears and hugs, then we got yelled at by an old man for throwing the world ass around, get this, his mother fucking dog and his wife and his, twenty-one-year-old son. Old people are weird. I mean, he even said his son was twenty-one. Not trying to hide the fact that, he's talking about a grown-ass man. An adult. Okay, thats enough of that rant.

So, when we tried to explain we weren't doing anything wrong he threw his stupid cane at us. So, Zoe threw it back, hitting him in the head. His head yeeted back. I've never untied a boat from a dock so fast. I was practically trained for this.

We laughed as we sailed away, It was nice. Finally felt like we found our routine, our momenta. I had a weird feeling that stayed in the back of my mind. It wasn't me, what I meant by that, was that I wasn't feeling it. It's like it belongs to someone else. I recognized this feeling though. It's like I knew the person it belongs to very well.

My smiled faded as we continued to sail. We couldn't continue like this. "We don't know anything.." I mumbled. This new anger entered me. I didn't know why I was so angry. I just wanted to disappear. Seconds turn to minutes and minutes turn to hours. I grew angrier as time passed. It's weird, like an out of body experience.

An out-of-body experience is an encounter in which a person encounters the world from a location outside their physical body. An OBE is a form of autoscopy, however, the term autoscopy more commonly refers to the pathological condition of seeing a second self, or doppelgänger. It's like i was watching myself get angry.

We all sat in silence. I didn't even realize they weren't talking anymore. "I can't do this anymore!" Jessie yelled. "I'm risking my life for you. I don't even know why I'm here!"

Zoe began to cry, "people give me the same look where ever i go, why! Why! Just tell me, what makes me stand out? Why am i so different? Just tell me?" By this time she was in tears, "I kept to herself because it was difficult for people to understand my pain. I was the first unclaim in almost 13 years, I messed up the pattern!" She thought her being different was her fault. She cried, "That they always say to me, that I'm a mistake that wasn't supposed to be born!"

Kai looked at Jessie, "My brother might be dead because of your sister! Dead! Do you know what's it like to lose someone you care about? No, you're the son of Piper and Jason Grace!" Kai looked like he was going to explode, "You've had everything handed to you!"

Jessie stood up, "Amelia is dead because of Sammy."

"News flash dumbass, Amelia isn't dead, who do you think we're running from?"

Jessie was now holding Jessie by the collar, "What do you mean?"

"Amelia isn't dead, shes teamed up with the sea witch. They're trying to take over the world or some shit! We all might die because of your sister-"

"Stop!" I yelled "Jessie stepped back

"Bro, I-I'm sorry." He looked at Kai, wide eyes, "What? What just happened?"

Zoe stopped crying, she stood from off her knees, "Uh, I don't know."

"We were all in our most vulnerable state." I looked at Zoe, "You're the most vulnerable when you're sad, or when you feel alone."

"Y-yeah, and Kai is the most vulnerable when he thinks negative, same with Jessie.."

Jessie looked at me, "You're the most vulnerable when you're angry."

"How did you-"

"I know when someone looks like they are about to explode," he elbowed Kai

"Yeah, well."

We all started to giggle. "We have to stick together, we all will die if something like that happens again."

"Jessie" I looked at him, handing him a journal. He opened reading it, as we did all those days ago.

"So, is my sister dead or not?"

"We don't know.." Kai said, "Sorry you had to find out like this, we didn't want you to feel different about her." Jessie nodded, "I mean, she's not really the bad guy, just following the bad guy's orders."

"Yeah, but she tried to kill you guys, us. She tried to kill us."

I smiled grabbing Jessie's hand. "Thanks for joining us. Were going to save the world." We really were. We were going to save people, we were going to get out of the shadows..

"So where to next?"

"I think we need to make a detour," Jess said, "I need to make a trip to dear daddy's house."