Chapter Thirteen

Jason Grace

It was pretty early in the morning when I was woken up by my idiotic son.

"Shouldn't you be-"

"No time!"

He tried to explain a lot of things at once, it was all so much that I hadn't even relized there was a girl right next to him. Or- it could have been a boy with really long curly hair. I didn't know, I also couldn't tell, their head was down.

He handed me a book, "Open it!"

I looked him in the eye, "Don't yell at me boy! You wake me up then-"

The girl lifted her head, I knew this girl- Zoe Jackson.

I hadn't seen the cover of the book in around two years, it belonged to my daughter Amelia. I opened it and read the first page it was a prophecy i think? Or made to look like one.

"Look at the prophecy!"

"Thats not a prophecy," I looked at my son.

Zoe spoke up, "It-it has to be, I mean, everything is right about it."

I sighed, "Amelia sucked at translating. She might have just read it wrong." I looked at Zoe, her eyes were burning through me, "There is a prophecy that may be the one you're talking about."

I walked into a locked room where we kept all of our summer-only things. I grabbed a page that we kept framed on the wall. Thanks to Ella we had many framed prophecies like this.

I handed the prophecy to Zoe. "It's not this one." She looked me in the eye, "I know it." She opened her mouth to speak

"A girl with a secret will have to struggle to keep it

She will have to keep to her mind where another voice speaks

She will have to kill the son of the sea, who was named, to destroy.

If the girl is to fail she will die. Only if she can find what is right will she succeed."

Zoe looked at me, "This doesn't even make sense."

Jessie looked at the prophecy, "do you have another one?"

I wanted to just stop and send them on their way, "Sadly I do." I lead into the room, "Have fun."

Zoe

"Have fun."

I looked at Jessie, "Have fun? Some of these are in Latin."

"Don't worry, I can read Latin. We'll be fine."

The walls were covered in frames like the one Jason had given us. Maybe 200? Layed in from of us. I scrolled around, 'Nothing.'

I saw a book that simmered in the sunlight. It was hidden in the corner. When I had open it, I was kinda shocked. There was a picture of what I assumed to be the '7' there was a picture of a younger Frank Zhang, along with Hazle. Next to them was Jason and Piper. I saw Val's dad. There were two people who I've never seen before.

"What the-"

Jessie laughed, "What are you looking at."

"This old photo album. Your dad looks so young."

"Yeah, that was taken years ago. Even before Amelia was born."

I nodded turning the page. I was shocked, Jason came in the same time he looked at me and Jessie staring at the book. I-It was a picture of me? Why would they have a baby picture of me?

"Zoe-"

"Why? Is there a picture of me, in this book thats in your house?" I was starting to get angry. Jessie just watched, I think he was also a little shock. "Also, how do you know my name?"

"Let me explain."

"You knew who my parents were.." I looked back at the book, flipping the pages back, "Percy and Annabeth..." My tears started to come out. People would give me the same look where ever i went, and I never knew why. I always thought it was because I was an unclaim but that wasn't the reason now was it? Its because I lived, while they died."

Jessie grabbed my arm, "Calm down."

"Fine.. just explain, please."